Funky fat mom

Options
KellS2919
KellS2919 Posts: 6 Member
edited October 2016 in Getting Started
I'm a 30 year old mom of 2 in health care and I have been in a serious funk due to my weight for a while. I guess if you really look at it I'm probably depressed. Today I ugly cried after I tried on pants for church and they wouldn't zip. I'm sick of using a stressful day at work or crazy kids as the excuse to plow through a sleeve of Oreos after dinner. I feel so horrible about myself and am embarrassed at how I look and feel. I went to the store today and armed myself with healthy food so I'm ready to do this. I need to lose about 50 lbs. I need some motivation so please add me and we can help each other. I lost 15 lbs with weight watchers (and gained it back) this spring but I really like the free aspect here so I figured I'd try.

Replies

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance but you could friend me if you want. For this to succeed it's the simplest thing in the world and yet it's the toughest thing in the world. The simple thing is actually losing the weight. It's just a matter of eating less calories than your body burns on a daily basis. The tough part is the mental aspect. Once you conquer the mental aspect the physical part is extremely simple.

One of my suggestion to you is don't look at this as a diet look at this is a lifestyle change and educate yourself about what you're eating and the consequences of eating that. Also when you said you went to the store and you bought healthy, healthy is a subjective term and it's as bad as religion and politics of what some people consider healthy. From my perspective you can eat whatever you want. during my weight-loss Journey, I ate Pizza, Wendy's hamburgers and had beers on the beach. It's just a matter of fitting it into your calorie goals.

Don't look at this as a diet. Diets suck. You're constantly miserable and you give up stuff that you love. What you also have to do is find a way. That why has to be totally selfish. It can't be about the kids your significant other or anything else. Buy it being totally about you all your other whys will take care of themselves.

Eustis community and this app. It really does work if you wanted to work good luck in your journey

• jester13
    jester13 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    KellS2919 wrote: »
    I'm a 30 year old mom of 2 in health care and I have been in a serious funk due to my weight for a while. I guess if you really look at it I'm probably depressed. Today I ugly cried after I tried on pants for church and they wouldn't zip. I'm sick of using a stressful day at work or crazy kids as the excuse to plow through a sleeve of Oreos after dinner. I feel so horrible about myself and am embarrassed at how I look and feel. I went to the store today and armed myself with healthy food so I'm ready to do this. I need to lose about 50 lbs. I need some motivation so please add me and we can help each other. I lost 15 lbs with weight watchers (and gained it back) this spring but I really like the free aspect here so I figured I'd try.

I'm always looking for friends and motivation buddies. And advice if needed
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am willing to help you in any way I can. The trick to weight loss is not dieting, but learning to eat in a healthy way that one can continue the rest of their lives. We will have a off day once in a while, but we can pick up our healthy eating the next day. Great start getting healthy foods. If you like jello , my husband and I love sugar free jello with light cool whip. Lots of flavors to choose from.
  • green_chair
    green_chair Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Friending! Also a mom of 2, also here after throwing in the towel on WW, about 15 lbs down and 25ish to go. I can manage diet so-so but really struggle to get in exercise especially since baby 2.0 came along.
  • kboard25
    kboard25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same boat. I'm trying to juggle an 8 week old & two other children & it's just so much easier to grab junk to eat. I don't like the way I look & would love to have friends for tips & motivation
  • amandalpn777
    amandalpn777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can not figure out how to get friends. I don't know how to add friends pls help
  • kboard25
    kboard25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Tap the persons name & it will take you to the persons picture. Tap the picture & hit the add button then the check at the top. I just figured out how to do it too