I want to lose 200 lbs. WA State Kent Des Moines Renton WA

Options
SupernalEarth
SupernalEarth Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi I have upwards of 200+lbs to come out of. My current weight is 352 lbs and I'm 38 years old. Anyone in my area who's looking to work together reaching our goals? I'm not much for the gym or regular workouts but I do enjoy doing home yoga and Thai chi and have several workout dvds that are collecting dust so I might not be much help in this department BUT we can do our grocery shopping or food prep together if we live close enough. I've found it best to just buy a few days of food at a time in order to keep my binge eating at a minimum and so that fresh produce isn't wasted by going bad before I've had the chance to eat them. Or we can just be a digital buddy system for one another. I'll take all the support I can get and give. My current trials are the lack of motivation and keeping consistent with my weight loss goals. I can always get started but it's the maintaining my motivation levels that I'm having issues with. Let's help each other out with honest compassion thru maximum supportive efforts!

Replies

• daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the area, but I just wanted to say good luck and that you can do it!

I started out with 200lbs to lose, and I've lost 72lbs so far. It sounds daunting when you start, but it's possible. Good luck!
  • drvignesh1
    drvignesh1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck....
    even I wanna reduce close to 100 pounds
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Good luck -- you can do it! I lost nearly 100, and made it manageable by breaking it up into smaller goals.

I live in Chicago, but my parents and many other relatives are in Washington -- it's a great state.
  • SupernalEarth
    SupernalEarth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You can do it!!! Maybe start a group on mfp for virtual buddies. We did one for those looking to lose weight slowly. Good luck
  • nanknits
    nanknits Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck w/ your weight loss. I'm also trying to lose 200+. I've already lost 108 (it has been since August 2015). My advice is to set little goals, celebrate them when you make them, challenge yourself to constantly make better choices and forgive yourself when you don't. Find an exercise you can do and do it! Challenge yourself when that starts to become to easy.

I wish we were a little closer (I'm over in Manchester WA). I'll be shouting encouragement from across the sound!