New here

Options
Okohme
Okohme Posts: 152 Member
Hi, all. I am brand new here, but well into my own fitness/dieting groove. I have been monitoring what I eat via Fitbit (I'm sort of in love with my Fitbit, imperfect though it may be, but I wont shill anymore than this) for about 8 months now, and am down 30lbs in that time, I lost about 20 lbs prior to that over the course of 6 months or so when I sort of half assed watched what I ate. I have gone from walking a couple times a day 15-20 minutes, to a 1hr power walk a day (about 4 miles) and running when I can. I am currently off running due to an injury, and am waiting to be seen by physical therapist to see what comes next. My money is on poor form because I have never actually had any instruction in running and it certainly does not come naturally to me. I have gone from stress-eating and craving garbage foods, to happily snacking on carrots and apples and eating three rounded meals a day, plus fruits and veggies as snacks. I am a vegetarian, some dairy and a little bit of egg. Most of my protein is beans, soy, grains, and some of the vegetarian simulated meat type stuff. I am a full-time home-maker and stay-at-home-mom to an almost 16month old. I just recently met a major goal of running a 5k, I did, indeed, run the whole dang thing. Now I'd like to build my endurance and speed.

Replies

• jmaine252
    jmaine252 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Hi,

I was an avid collegiate athlete who took yrs off. I've been vegan for a yr NOW and combined with a DAILY log of miles ran have lost over 45 lbs!!! I am here to motivate through, quotes, posts, ideas, recipes, and exercises. Feel free to add, comment, like and share your processes, struggles, and MOTIVATION!!