Running Watch

Options
2»

Replies

• acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yet another vote for Garmin. I have the Forerunner 235 with the wrist-based HR monitor. It's a little more than your price point, but totally worth it in my opinion (full disclosure - I received a 35% Garmin discount in a race bag). I'm a data nerd I love the Garmin app and site. So much more information than the free sites (Map My Run, Runkeeper) that I tried before purchasing Garmin. I find that it's motivating (it's also an activity tracker).

Only downside to me is the size. I wear it most of the time, even to work, for activity tracking.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have the polar m400 and I chose it because I already had a bluetooth heart rate monitor that it would pair with and that it used a micro usb cable so I didn't need yet another usb cable cluttering up my home. If not for those 2 reasons I would have bought a Garmin.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    lsutton484 wrote: »
    I have the polar m400 and I chose it because I already had a bluetooth heart rate monitor that it would pair with and that it used a micro usb cable so I didn't need yet another usb cable cluttering up my home. If not for those 2 reasons I would have bought a Garmin.

I love my M400. I'm actually looking at getting the upgraded M600. It has the built in HRM, but also does everything the M400 does with tracking speed, cadence, etc.
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have Forerunner 310XT with HRM and I love it. Found it at around 210 USD (I leave in Europe)
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Forerunner 310XT, absoultely love it. Great battery life and features
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Do you need the latest and greatest? If not, consider looking on Craigslist if you're in a city big enough to have some listed. Last year I bought a Garmin 220 for $60. Ok, so it was the pink one, but when I wear day-glo shirts and running tights, no one seems to notice my pink watch.