Need friends in the 40-50 age group

Options
Cathy121314
Cathy121314 Posts: 30 Member
On again off again. Lose weight, gain weight. Something has to change!! I've tried this before and I'm back. I struggle with exercise -- making the time. I'm a middle school teacher with no energy at the end of the day. I'm looking for friends in the same boat. It's intimidating when your friends are posting that they ran 13 miles and I struggled to walk for 5 minutes!! Please be my friend!!

Replies

• Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and teach elementary school. I totally understand the lack of energy at the end of the day. It's a killer.
  • jamaicadrew
    jamaicadrew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    44 years old, same struggle, really need to get in shape and find that needed energy.
  • skyethebard
    skyethebard Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 44 and understand what you are saying. Feel free to friend me!
  • angelpatton39
    angelpatton39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! 46 yr old hairstylist on my feet all day. The last thing I want to do is work out most days. I also seem to think I can eat what ever I want.Friend me...lets try too figure this out!
  • All4margo
    All4margo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to be your friend! :) I'm busy running after 4 kids all day. Bone tired most of the time so I can relate!!
  • BonnieJL1
    BonnieJL1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 49 and I'm looking for new friends. I also can relate to hard days at work. If any one is looking to add more friend feel free to add me.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 40, full-time social worker, wife, mom of two girls. I HAVE to exercise in the morning when everybody else is asleep (I get up at 4:30am to do this), otherwise it just won't happen. It took me a year of doing this before I stopped wanting to turn off the alarm and go back to sleep. Best of luck to you - you can do it.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well I do have days that I run 13 miles BUT I have 3 kids and work full time so I understand trying to find time and I'd be happy to be your friend if you want to add me. ;) Oh, and I'm 40
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    turning 50 next year and getting back into it..always up for new friends, feel free to add me :)
  • cbro70
    cbro70 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 46 and I quit smoking in January and started working out. I am now 35 lbs lighter and run 6 - 7 miles 5 times a week. Feel free to add me, I love to help motivate others and help you reach your goal.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and I tend to post 1 status a day and comment on my friends posts. Please feel free to send me a friend request, I don't really know how to add anyone.
  • Cush_la
    Cush_la Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    any one is free to add me I log in every day (600 plus streak) log everything i eat .. I am 51 .. info about me is on my profile <3
  • stationlouisa
    stationlouisa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    hi Im 54 from Australia, I walk most mornings, have 3 dogs great motivators, but weight still goes up and down. feel free to add me. Will take any motivational help I can get
  • redvellvett
    redvellvett Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 47...my short term goal is to lose 20lb; long term 40. I have not had any success with managing my portions, logging what I eat, or exercise. I too need friends for encouragement. Please add me! Leaning towards doing Keto - starting (again) today!
  • adamantine_lady
    adamantine_lady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Almost 47 year old here. In the UK, mom to two boys, would like to lose 30+lbs. I log most days and have an open diary. Feel free to add me! :)
  • RitaW11
    RitaW11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am 48 years old and have just restarted MFP about a week ago after modest success with weight watchers. But I enjoyed MFP in the past. I am attempting to lose 10 pounds short term, 20-25 pounds long term. I log what I eat. I work out 3 to 4 times a week. I have a Fitbit as well and supposedly my Fitbit synchs to my MFP account. Please feel free to add me. Looking for new motivated fabulous middle-age friends. :smile:
  • queensamearh
    queensamearh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello All's I'm having a hard time losing weight. It's been up or down. I can't win. I really need a friend, maybe could help. I'm 56 and over weight free feel to add me , if you like.