When do people notice your weight loss?

Options
I've gone from 210 lbs to 183 lbs and so far, 80% of people I know haven't noticed. The ones who did only say 'your belly got flat!' But just my belly? Honestly, I care a lot about my face getting slim, but no one seems to mention it. What's that NUMBER when people start noticing, because for me, apparently it's not 30 lbs.

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    someone asked me if I had cancer last week lost 100lbs fairly fast
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Only your fam and good friends would say something. That's how it was for me. Other women are jealous, and men not in your circle of good friends, dare not.
  • pinkste78
    pinkste78 Posts: 54 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I went from 230 to 197 then back to 210, now I'm 203 lol ... I did loose weight BIG time about 5 years ago, I lost close to 70 lbs (went from 200 to 135), I think people notice you're loosing weight around the 20-25 mark :) They just don't say anything because it's kinda awkward. Unless you're weird like me , they think you're weird already and like to talk about that stuff.
  • heatherbee1987
    heatherbee1987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It took me exactly 15 pounds to be able to notice I looked a tiny bit smaller, and that was looking in a mirror naked. So I would imagine it would take more for others to notice. I agree with others saying around 20-25 pounds it becomes more noticeable to others.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I notice when people lose weight but worry about coming across in the wrong way. In general people don't say many compliments to men, unfortunately, even if they are thinking something flattering.
  • merrymary615
    merrymary615 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It was at 30# for me that people started to notice. I would keep a list of compliments which became very encouraging when things got tough and I wanted to give up.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I have lost just over 53 lbs and only one person has commented (and that was my male boss LOL).

I guess a couple of others have said something but they know I'm cutting calories.