Shirt or belt clip on activity trackers

Options
I'm looking at daily activity trackers to replace my tried and true Accusplit Eagle pedometer with something that will communicate with MFP. I'm looking at shirt and belt clip models since I prefer to wear a dedicated watch with a multi-year battery instead of an all in one that has to constantly be recharged.

Of those listed below as MFP compatible, are there any recommendations?
Withings Go (Amazon 4.0 Stars)
Withings Pulse Ox (Amazon 3.5 stars)
Fitbit Zip (Amazon 4.1 stars)
Fitbit One (Amazon 4.4 stars)
Misfit shine (Amazon 3.2 stars)
Striive fusion lite (Amazon 3.5 stars)

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Zip

I like the subtlety, I wear it in my pocket but facing backwards so you just see the narrow clip...the one has a bright readout that I don't particularly want as I wear it in my bra when I don't have pockets but that might not be an issue for you

I have had the case replaced quite a few times though, always free and good service. I've found the zip accurate
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I have a zip. It's attached to my bra and syncs to my phone. I have no idea if it's accurate ( none of them are particularly)

Has a replaceable battery, tracks steps, and intensity of steps. Doesn't track stairs climbed or my sleep patterns, but then I already know I'm an insomniac.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    I have a zip. It's attached to my bra and syncs to my phone. I have no idea if it's accurate ( none of them are particularly)

Has a replaceable battery, tracks steps, and intensity of steps. Doesn't track stairs climbed or my sleep patterns, but then I already know I'm an insomniac.

Is what you're eating aligned with your weight over time?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I like the Fitbit One. The biggest difference between it and a Zip is that it is rechargeable. I had a Zip earlier this year and it must have been faulty or something because I went through 4 or 5 batteries within just a few months.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip clipped to my bra every day. Syncs with MFP and seems reasonably accurate (as these things go) I love it. It does what it says on the tin. It sends you weekly report and I do find it encourages me to walk more.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I also have a One and I love it. The rechargeable aspect was big for me (and the battery lasts weeks before needing a recharge, too, which is great) as was the discreetness. I love not having to wear a bracelet and I think the clip-on ones have been shown to be a little more accurate anyway because of fewer false steps from arm movements. I wear mine clipped to my bra as well.

I like that it tracks floors climbed as well because I do some hiking and it's a great rough estimator for altitude gained (1 floor = 10 ft.)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit One, in fact I've had many. They don't survive adventures through the washing machine, which is unfortunate because you keep it in your pants pocket. It took me anywhere from 9 months to a year to unlearn that lesson, then I'd need a new one again.

Probably not an issue for most people.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit One, in fact I've had many. They don't survive adventures through the washing machine, which is unfortunate because you keep it in your pants pocket. It took me anywhere from 9 months to a year to unlearn that lesson, then I'd need a new one again.

Probably not an issue for most people.

Mine made it through both the washer and dryer!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I like the FB One. 2 1/2 years, hubby has one too. It counts floors as well as steps. I don't use the other trackers.
  • MarkR_2013
    MarkR_2013 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've decided to go with a Fitbit Zip. I don't need the extra features, and I already have my hands full keeping various devices charged (Phone, backup battery, and a variety of BT devices).

Incidentally, if you keep feeding your tracker to the washing machine, you probably need to look at a waterproof ID or key holder to keep it in