New and feeling like a fish out of water

Options
Hi my names Lisa I'm 37, and struggled for years with my weight , I am seeing a phscologist at present as I have the secret eating/ binge eating disorder, on top of this I've suffered with Bipolar for years, I really need sone support and help and would like to meet friends who need support to help loose weight. I'm new to this so don't really know what I'm doing yet. Thanks in advance xx

Replies

• MindfulMother
    MindfulMother Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You no longer are carrying a secret as you have been open and honest here. You show bravery and honesty. The first step ( I believe) is being real with ourselves. You are on your way little miss by being real and asking for support.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @littlemissljb79
    welcome to MFP
    I wish you a speedy recovery. Focus on your health, that is your first priority.
    I recommend you read MFP "Most Helpful Post" at the beginning of this message board
    here is a link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
    Buy yourself a food scale, weigh everything you ingest, log it at MFP
    If you eat at a deficit ( calories burned higher than calories ingested), your weight will decrease
    All the best for you <3
  • alisonmacomber6497
    Options
    Hi Little Miss Ljb! I am 38, trying to lose weight, and struggle with bipolar. So we have several things in common! I have found that exercise and getting enough sleep really help me to keep a good mood and even keel. My husband also helps, as he has become my workout partner. Blessings to you on your journey!