50 pounds down

Options
I recently posted in the "motivation" thread, but need to post here to remind myself I AM a success. I was having brunch with a girlfriend yesterday when I was complaining about how "fatty and ugly" my legs were (excess fat and skin) and how disgusted I was with my body unclothed. She looked at me and said, "you need to shut your mouth. You are WAY to hard on yourself. Look at all you've accomplished this year."

I had to take a step back and realize that she was right; in more than one aspect. First, I'm way to hard on myself. I think most of us are. I read a quote the other day that stated "If you wouldn't say it about your best friend, don't say it about yourself." I think this rings very true.

Second, although I've stalled out and not made much progress for the last 3 months or so, I am a success. I have accomplished so much more than I ever thought possible. There are times where I still see the heavier girl in the mirror and don't feel that much different that I did 10 months ago, but there there are days I cry because I so proud of myself and every pound I've clawed and fought for.

It's easy to lose perspective and it's easy to be too hard on yourself but I'm working on it. Please be good to yourself along this journey. You are SO worth it, and so am I. Weather you've lost 1 pound or 100 pounds, YOU are a success; don't ever forget that.

wncga9uv61qy.png

Replies

• Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    You look great! The entire shape of your face has changed! :)
  • SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Fantastic success! I definitely understand the image and thought process....living it now. Congrats on such a great job on YOU!
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love it, thanks for this post! You look great!

I have lousy self-talk sometimes, too, and focus on how much I have to go instead of pausing to be proud of how far I've come!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The words of encouragement are always appreciated.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous- I am so glad that you have a true girl friend who tells you the truth- you should be proud- you have done great!- I need to work on using more positive self talk as well-sigh
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I needed to hear these words of encouragement today. thank you for posting. <3
    You look wonderful. Congrats to you!!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • MindfulMother
    MindfulMother Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
  • SalvationMountain41
    SalvationMountain41 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love these success stories, because I know all the hard work that goes into these transformations. Every pound lost is "clawed and fought for" and you should be very proud indeed!
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You've worked hard for this! And thanks - I know I'm way too hard on myself sometimes too. I appreciate the reminder to be kind to myself!
  • saminabilal
    saminabilal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! The Process IS the success!
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Good stuff, but tell me - who's the other person in the photos? :-) Seriously though that's a sign of how well you have done!

Same here I look at myself sometimes and think "this could be better / that could be better" then I think "listen you knucklehead! you lost four and a half stones (63lb)!!! and you now exercise every week! Enjoy this new life". I think we all have to take a step back and realise how well we have done - and you have clearly done exceptionally well! Well done!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You look so tiny compared to your before picture! I totally understand that negative self talk. After working so hard to lose weight we want to look "perfect" ..and it is a silly way to rob yourself of the self esteem you richly deserve for doing something incredibly difficult.. like losing 50 pounds!

I bet as you continue your fitness plan..tiny things that bother you will go away. You need time lots of it for skin to tighten and muscles to build.. blah blah..all that good stuff.

Bottom line to the rest of us you look just amazing! Oh..and younger too.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    Once again, thank you to each of you who took the time to post. I appreciate it!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow you look years younger
  • Kel_bel1978
    Kel_bel1978 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Negative self talk is the WORST enemy. I am so much easier on others than I am on myself. Saving your story to remember how strong you are, and that I can do it too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!