exercising with gigantic boobs?

Options
I'm new to exercise. Reforming couch potato here. I've always had this idea in my head that I can't run or do anything too vigorous because my chest is so large. Keep thinking I'll hurt someone or end up with black eyes because if all the flopping around. My bra size is 40 G/H depending on style. I'm trying to add some cardio into my daily life, but to be honest, the girls DO bounce around and it hurts. Any one else have this issue? I would be happy to go out and buy a jogging bra but the problem is that bras in my size are super expensive and my size is never available in stores. I'm scared of buying online sight unseen and find it doesn't really offer the support I need and I've wasted all that money. Any recommendations?

Replies

• lanamilo
    lanamilo Posts: 15
    Options
    I had a roommate in college who had a very large chest. She would wear her regular bra and then a tight sports bra over top. For running, sometimes 2 sports bras over her regular bra,

Good luck!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Wrap your chest up with an ace bandage. It serves the same purpose as a sports bra: to hold them puppies in place!! Good luck! I do feel your pain.
  • MAG2010
    MAG2010 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am large chested (although not as large as before - thankfully). I was a 42 DDD at my largest. I'm actually due for a bra fitting but I know I'm at least down to a DD and I STILL need to double up on the sports bras for anything other than a moderate paced walk. I wear two very fitted sports bras and I'm actually able to run comfortably!! I ran for the first time ever about a year ago and discovered that I really enjoyed it. I never thought I'd run with my boobs!!
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm like a 42 J - I did buy a sports bra that cost about $80 at a specialty bra shop. They fitted me for it. Pricey? Yes. But I have used it for about 3 years now and it holds up like iron.

Also, because of my scoliosis, I can't do any exercise that involves bouncing/jumping. It's really bad for your back. When I do aerobics, I do low impact. You get a good workout - your heartrate WILL go up - you just don't need to hop or jump. Also, why would I jog or run when I can ride a bike or swim? Or do yoga? My boobs will get smaller as I do, but they do not get in the way of exercise.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You can get some excellent cardio in on the elliptical, the stairclimber and bicycling without bouncing around a great deal.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Honestly, what I used to do (I am large chested) while I was on the track team in high school was wear a regular bra with 1-2 sports bras on top. Since bigger bras are expensive, you can try to purchase a tight-ish shirt. I HATE doing jumping jacks so I try to find other exercises that don't really require much jumping.
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am not as large as some others, but doubling up on the sports bra or sports bra over regular bra helps. I double up on the sports braw when I'm doing more energetic stuff. I also like the elliptical for that very reason. Less stress on joints and less bounce. Maybe double up for now and then when you get close to your goal, spring for the good sports bra.