Lost some weight but...

Options
Has anyone else lost weight, but is in between their old weight and their goal, and really dislikes the changes in their body? It's like, my old clothes now look terrible, but I can't find new clothes that compliment my new shape. I'm not finished losing yet... But I feel discouraged since I don't like what I'm working with now.

Replies

• knoitall87
    knoitall87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand you completely. Nothing fits right and shopping for new clothes is depressing. I've just been telling myself that I will be in the next size down after 7 more pounds or so. I am hoping to fit into the awkward new clothes, and it might just be the motivation I need to keep going at that point too. It's very frustrating. Keep going! Good job with the progress that you've made so far. I am sure you will find a way to be comfortable in your clothes soon.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    aceynar wrote: »
    Has anyone else lost weight, but is in between their old weight and their goal, and really dislikes the changes in their body? It's like, my old clothes now look terrible, but I can't find new clothes that compliment my new shape. I'm not finished losing yet... But I feel discouraged since I don't like what I'm working with now.

Congratulations on the weight loss!!

It really might be time to buy some transition clothes. It doesn't have to be a lot, just a few necessary items. When my clothes got to big, but I knew I would be losing more, I bought some "now clothes" at second hand stores or really cheap places. Some were really nice and I hated to see them got to the donation box, but they'd served their purpose for me. :)
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I buy my clothes at thrift stores that support a cause I like. When I was done with that size I just gave them back. It was also motivating to go try on clothes and look in the mirror. The only bummer is at thrift stores the reason the nice new looking clothes are there is because they are mislabeled. So right now my favorite jeans vary 3 sizes. And they all fit the same. But I know the label means nada.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't relate to this. My clothes always look better on me when I lose weight- or they get baggy and I just get new cuter clothes.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I had this issue but more because I had a very strong image of how lean I wanted to be and how my clothes/body looked in between was hard for me. Now that I am where I want to be I don't have this issue as much- it'll get better :)
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yep had this issue before myself. I didn't like how my body was losing weight and I got really discouraged around the 25-30 pound lost mark. My boobs dropped 3 cup sizes and my legs got skinny but my stomach was still quite large (still losing) and I have already lost 43 pounds. My clothes don't fit and I can only wear sports bras for the time being but now that I am lighter and see the changes starting to happen over my whole body, I feel much better and encouraged about my weight loss. Give it time and you will start to feel better about your weight loss too.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I relate. I'm between sizes right now and only feel good in my yoga clothes.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    It takes a while for the mind to catch up but it will get there. Clothes will fit "worse" but only because you are smaller. Keep going to your goal and then buy your new wardrobe to fit your new body.
  • watergal82
    watergal82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I learned to do a little tailoring. If you sew, or you know someone who sews, you can take in a seam pretty easily to make a pants leg or shirt waist narrower , and making a waistband a size smaller is only a little harder. Tailoring is harder if you've lost more than one, maybe two sizes.