Question for large losers!

Options
mhassard384
mhassard384 Posts: 10 Member
edited October 2016 in Motivation and Support
How does lose skin affect your self confidence? In clothes that sit properly I have a relatively okay figure, but what people don't realize is under my clothes is a hot mess of stretch marks and lose skin.
I continually get well "tone more and it'll tighten up". No. it will not. I could make a small child from the Lose skin on my abdomen.
I don't necessarily want drastic measures done, nor can I afford a tummy tuck. I've put in a lot of hard work and just want to feel, beautiful, attractive and sexy. How does everyone else deal with the lose skin blues?

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 50 pounds but I'm having a hard time telling what is loose skin and what is still fat. I know there is some loose skin there but I feel very confident with clothes on. Naked, not so much, but I feel better and healthier all the way around so I'll take it.
  • mhassard384
    mhassard384 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I've lost 110 I still have a bit left to go but truthfully I'm not sure what's worse st this stage. More hanging skin or a bit of a ponch
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Have a read of this thread. It is all about loose skin, very down to earth and very inspirational.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10453193/honest-loose-skin-thoughts-pics/p1

Cheers, h.
  • harass247
    harass247 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Google Ashley Black's fascia blaster, or check out her insta:https://instagram.com/p/BHXgPSpA85W/ I lost 57 kg/125 lb (almost half my weight) got to my goal weight and had a small amount of excess skin and bat wings. I regained 20kg (which is why I joined up here!) and I noticed that even when I regained my bits of skin didn't re-fill, they stayed the same. I wanted to know why, which led me to research and I came across the references to the skin not attaching to the fascia properly with weight loss. I ended up buying the fascia blaster and It has worked really well on the loose skin, I no longer have it. But not so good on my batwings, I still have those. I just remember to not gesture with my arms to much in public and enjoy being able to fit into nice clothes and walk easily.
  • debrahbeger
    debrahbeger Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am very self conscious about my loose skin!!!y body fat % is low but I still look like I have a tummy because of the skin. For a couple of months I have been using cocoa butter and a waist trainer. There is a small improvement so far.