Battling with weightloss - need fellow fitness friends and fighters

Options
So I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing... I'm kinda just clicking buttons and hoping that this posts in the right place!

I have been struggling for years with weight loss. My life has consisted of binge eating, hopping from diet to diet, hating on my body and being unhappy with myself. I've lost weight and gained weight like there's no tomorrow, and at the moment I weigh more than I've ever weighed before in my entire life and I'm freaking out.

Now that I've discovered this app I'm hoping that, along with the help of friends, I'll be able to get control of myself and learn to love myself in the process of getting fit.

I don't have much support from my family, who always make the sweetest yummy things to eat, so any support from you guys would be amazing!

Let's fight this fight and win our battles with each other's help?

Libby x

Replies

• Mr_StMartin
    Mr_StMartin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and welcome! I am on my journey to lose 200 pounds, so would love to connect and help each other. Feel free to send me a request!
  • p0sitiv3_vib3s
    p0sitiv3_vib3s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Libby, my names Heather I can totally relate to you with hopping from one diet to the next loosing and gaining! I've been back on here for 4 months and have done pretty well so far but still have a way to go! I have made some really supportive friends in here so far and it has really made me accountable. I log in everyday and enjoy chatting to people I will send u a request x
  • Tonyrebuilt
    Tonyrebuilt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is my first real crack at a diet. I used to complain in High School that I was too fat and I hated my body. Fast forward 5 years and I would beg for that body back. If you truly want change you can accomplish it. We just need a little positive reinforcement sometimes. I'm here to help if you need it.
  • Libby16460
    Libby16460 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my first real crack at a diet. I used to complain in High School that I was too fat and I hated my body. Fast forward 5 years and I would beg for that body back. If you truly want change you can accomplish it. We just need a little positive reinforcement sometimes. I'm here to help if you need it.

I know exactly what you mean... I'd also kill for my old body back!
    And by kill it, we mean WORK FOR IT!
  • sudattabanerji
    sudattabanerji Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Libby. Your story is my story. I am trying to loose weight for the past 10 years now, and all I have achieved is more weight. But this time things are looking good and I have already lost almost 10 lbs. Let us support each other in this journey. I am sure things will work out great.
  • Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I have found through bitter experience that many people, including family, don't really support something like this because they get jealous - they say things like "well this is what happens when you get older, just deal with it" or "it's ok, have just one more" or "you look fine, why are you doing this?". To be successful with anything in life like minded individuals are a must, especially with weight loss.

My goal is 190 pounds - right now I am at 214.5 and continuing to lose. When it comes down to the last 10 pounds or so not only will I plateau, but will also want to say "this is good enough" and quit, which I have done in the past, but not this time.

I would be more than happy to help out with your weight loss journey - feel free to add me if you want to.