Frustratated

Options
I have been doing T25 for 4 weeks and using myfitnesspal and I am gaining instead of losing. Ugh.....I need help.

Dawn

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Many factors go into scale weight. Time of day/month. Sodium intake. DOMS. New exercise. All of these can cause you to "gain" weight. What about your clothes are they fitting better? If so ignore the scale. Take pictures and measurements.
    Also make sure you are weighing your food and not using cups/spoons/eyeballing. Log everything and log correctly (no homemade or generic).
  • octopusplum
    octopusplum Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The most important thing is if you feel better! As the other poster apps, lots of things can factor into the scale however if you're feeling better that's all that matters.

Take some measurements and make sure you aren't missing that you're slimming in the right areas and building in others. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat less
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Measure your waist; a cloth tape measure at the belly button is usually more reliable than a scale.
    If the tape measurement is going down from week to week then you are cutting fat.
    Don't think in terms of daily progress.

Your body weight may fluctuate by 2 or 3 pounds from the morning to the evening in the same day.

Be more precise with tracking your intake and more aggressive in your workouts.
    When in doubt, exercise more instead of lowering calories further.
    Many people under-estimate what they eat and over-estimate what they burn.

Focus on weight lifting before cardio and choose HIIT over Steady-State cardio.