The woohoo behind my 30 lb milestone!

Options
kandrews24
kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
As of this morning I've lost 30 lbs (exactly). And while that has a nice ring to it, here's what it really means to me:

Nine years ago I was at my all time highest weight 228 lbs. I wanted to have a third child but I wanted to be healthy. So I joined Weight Watchers with a very specific goal in mind. I wanted to get back to the weight I was when I got pregnant with my second child = 185 lbs, so that I could get pregnant with baby no. 3. I was a WW machine and lost 2 lbs a week. I was very motivated and never cheated. This was my first serious attempt at weight loss and I learned a great deal and had a lot of fun.

I surpassed my goal and got pregnant about six months later. I was so happy!!! I had achieved something that I'd never achieved before = sticking with a diet and exercise program. But you can't be pregnant and be on WW, so I quit the program. I had a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, but thereafter I found myself at 233 lbs, when my baby was two years old.

I rejoined WW because I felt out of control. I lost 25 lbs or so, but then was not able to stick with the program. It was costing me a lot of time and money for no progress (because I could not find the discipline within). Thereafter I gave up the fight and just ate what I wanted and resolved to be heavy. My weight steadily increased (an average of 1.5 lbs monthly) until I passed 250 lbs. My new all time highest weight was 258.5 lbs. I knew I had to do something but I was exhausted and unmotivated.

How I regained my energy and perspective will have to weight for another post, but in mid January this year, I started my quest to be healthy. I was not concerned about weight loss per se. I started down a path and ended up at MFP about three weeks ago (after already loosing some weight on my own). Since joining MFP, I've lost more.

Today when I stepped on the scale, I weighed 228.5 lbs. I have not been this light since that day nine years ago when I walked into WW to lose enough weight to be healthy enough to have baby no. 3. Though I have some feelings of remorse and anger about how much I wish I had kept that weight off, I am soooooooooooo thankful to have found the motivation and tools I needed to pursue regaining my health again. It does feel different this time.

If nothing else, I never want to gain another pound. If all goes according to plan, I'm headed for an all new lowest weight!!! Today is, the first day of the rest of my life and my spin is that I've turned back the clock nine years. Today I feel 38 years old again! Woohoo!!! And today, is my wedding anniversary. (14 years of marriage; 20 years in this relationship)

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Great story thanks for sharing!! and Congrats
  • Lizzyc18
    Lizzyc18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing such a motivating and beautiful story!!
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great story and great job!!!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, many of us can totally empathize with it. Congratulations on the 30 lb loss!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    great job and thank you for sharing the story.
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Way to go! I too am proud of my 30 lbs because I never really cared about losing weight until this year. I have officially lost 34 lbs now and I haven't been this weight in over 10 years. It feels great!
  • Eloveg
    Eloveg Posts: 25
    Options
    You sooo motivated me! Keep the positive attitude!!! Happy Anniversary!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Awesome! So happy for you! Keep this great attitude! :smile:
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Great story and great Loss keep at it chickadee and u will son be 185 again :) my heart and motivation are with you xxx
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Thank you for sharing your story and for being such an inspiration. Keep up the great work. 30 lbs is so much to be proud of!
  • nitarongish
    nitarongish Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I got goose bumps reading your post. I am so happy for you. You can do this. Your strength lies within. We are all here to help!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for the comments and support!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!