Anyone else aiming for half a pound weight loss per week?

Options
Hi all. Currently I have about 2 stone 6 pounds to lose ( 34lb) tried to do a whole pound but ended up binging as was too little calories so doing half a pound.

Replies

• gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I aim for about 1/2 lb per week in fat loss.
    I only have about 7 lbs to go and I do a lot of strength training so I am not in a hurry.
    I would rather take my time and try to preserve as much muscle as possible.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Yes I am! Easy to stick to and better for retaining lean muscle mass too.

Results are slower and water retention fluctuations due to my cycle mask weight loss though- at the beginning of the month it looks like I gained 2 pounds, at the end of the month it looks like I lost 4... but the average is about -2 pounds a month which is fine by me.
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hey all we started a half pounders group, you're welcome to join
  • utahshelly
    utahshelly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 1 pound a week, but I've also got a lot to drop... 120 pounds...
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    0.5-1 lb here. Though I'm only looking to lose about 17 lbs at this point.
  • halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Same here. Have 3.6 pounds left to go
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have lost exactly .5 lb a week for one year. It lliveable for me and down 26 lbs. Hooray
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Same here. Water weight fluctuations can play mind games on me with such a slow loss rate, so looking at my body weight trend -- not individual data points -- keeps me sane. Good luck!
  • Zee_0100
    Zee_0100 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I am working soo hard to put on weight i get tired by eating more than my limit how you guys put on soo much weight and now loosing it how?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I am officially trying to lose 0.5 lb per week. That is my mfp goal. From that goal mfp gives me a calorie target.
    I try to end many days several hundred calories below my mfp target. Even if I go over my personal target, which is in the range of 1600-1700 calories per day, I can still be within my mfp target up to 2130 calories, and if I log some exercise it might get as high as 2400 calories.When I lose a few more pounds I'll adjust my personal calorie target to the 1700-1800 range.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Me
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    wrote: »
    Hey all we started a half pounders group, you're welcome to join

That's sexist!