Do I have to eat all of this???

Options
So I have just started this program the other day and i have not been eating as much as my goal says to. (I have had 900 calories left yesterday and 700 today) Will that hinder me in the end? I have just been eating what i think would be healthy (salads, fruit, sandwiches) Is there a problem with doing this? I changed my goal to be losing 2 lbs a week instead of 1 but the goal doesn't really matter, its the long term i'm worried about. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    So I have just started this program the other day and i have not been eating as much as my goal says to. (I have had 900 calories left yesterday and 700 today) Will that hinder me in the end? I have just been eating what i think would be healthy (salads, fruit, sandwiches) Is there a problem with doing this? I changed my goal to be losing 2 lbs a week instead of 1 but the goal doesn't really matter, its the long term i'm worried about. Any thoughts?
  • momathome
    Options
    You need a healthy balance. Salads are good and all but you need carbs,fats, proteins. Because I am still nursing my baby my sister has me on 50% carbs, 30% proteins and 20% fats. Your body needs them. If your body thinks you are starving then you won't be able to keep the weight off. It might take a little getting use to but you will get it. I have had about 200 or so calories left over for a bit but today I was able to get it down under 100. I eat pretty much anything I want just in moderation.
    Hope this helps a bit:smile:
  • vramage
    Options
    im confused about the same thing i had over 1000 cals left yesterday due to the exersise i did but i wasnt hungry im not starving myself im have healthy meals and snacks and i dont ever feel hungry ??
  • aphall01
    Options
    You definitely need to make up for the calories you lose while working out. After a week of working out, you'll realize that you can't work out anymore without that extra energy from the food. That happened to me the other day....I've been down about 600 calories, and the other day, I couldn't run for the life of me. Then I got my extra calories just under 100 and I feel so much better. I definitely had more energy for working out, as well as day to day activities.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ok great thanks, I try to eat more calories. I hurt my knee the other day while exercising and so i didn't work out yesterday or the day before to let it heal. I got back to it today, so maybe ill want all of those calories!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I had read once that you need to eat a small portion protein food and a carb food at the same time 6 times a day, then toss in as many vegies (no counting corn and peas, those would be carbs here) as you want.

For example
    Breakfast 1 whole egg + 1 egg white and whole grain toast
    Snack Orange and protien shake
    lunch chicken breast 3 oz half cup rice and veggie
    snack yogurt mixed with cottage cheese (yogurt was considered carb, bc higher carb content than protien)
    Supper 3 oz samoln 1/2 baked potatoe veggies
    snack cheese and whole grain crackers

It's not a tone of food and it's pretty balances, so this is kind of the plan I try to use.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat those calories. Different things work for different people. I eat on average 1400 calories a day and burn on average 280 calories a day ( I work out at least 3 times a week) So my average NET calories is 1170.

Here is what I ate yesterday:
    Cereal with skim milk
    Orange

Grilled cheese on wheat
    10 almonds

Yogurt
    Apple with Peanut Butter

Went to gym and burned 500 calories

Ate 8oz catfish and broccoli

A No Pudge Brownie with skim milk

I comsumed 1359 calories and burned 500 and had about 341 calories left over so I did eat some of those exercise calories and I have lost 11 lbs already.
  • bookworm
    Options
    I'd say that unless you're taking weird appetite suppressors, eat only if you're hungry (the one exception being not doing hard exercise on an empty stomach).