40 pounds to lose

Options
Why is this so hard?! Anyone need help staying motivated, please add me

Replies

• CranstonJ2016
    CranstonJ2016 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm at it again, I also want to lose 40lbs. My issue is I need someone to get on me. I'm watching my intake again, and working out 4 days a week. I just keep getting fatter and fatter. Not this time..this time, things have to change.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Why is this so hard?! Anyone need help staying motivated, please add me

Success is motivating. I am eating LCHF and 1500 cals a day since January and have lost 105 pounds. No exercise and not hungry or cravings. Its been pretty easy
  • robthephotog
    robthephotog Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think the hardest part is that first 10. You have to see results to stay motivated. I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago. Starting took every ounce of my being to stay on track. Often, I ate too much and had to skip dinner. I was learning.

I started to see weight fall off though. And got to a point where I knew if I stayed on track I would lose X amount in 2 weeks. I got within 4 pounds of my goal, having lost 40 pounds. It really keeps you going.

Having said that I'm right there with you. Married, 2 kids and working while in school. I've left my own health in the dust lately. I'm hoping to stay motivated and get done again!
  • kittens2cute
    kittens2cute Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have 40 to lose as well! Add me!
  • CME_
    CME_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to lose around 40, getting started and sticking to a plan has been so hard for me! Good luck!
  • jps2222
    jps2222 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 pounds over about 9 months. For me it's been all about making realistic goals - I've set MFP for just 1/2 pound loss per week, and have made my goal to be at the gym just 3 days a week. Definitely achievable. I've made my time at the gym more fun by finding a TV show I like that I can watch while I'm on the bike or elliptical (Chopped on the Food Network - we don't have cable, so I can't watch it at home), and music that I like or audiobooks to listen to while I do weights or mat work. But I've also realized that I don't need to go to the gym to be active, and have found ways to build activity into my everyday life - I park farther away from where I'm going, walk in my neighborhood after dinner, or do something physical while I watch TV (a lot of the things I do in the gym can translate to home without much effort). Regardless of where I'm getting the activity, though, anything active that I do buys me extra calories for my daily allotment, which adds a whole different level of motivation! I don't think of this as being on a diet, but as getting control of my body, and I love the outcome - I look better and, more importantly, I feel great, I'm stronger, I have more endurance, and all of my little aches and pains are gone. It really does come down to Calories In < Calories out, and if you're reasonable with your expectations then you can totally do this!
  • sarah_gabriela
    sarah_gabriela Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I also have about 40 pounds to lose. Add me and we can do it together!
    I think what jps2222 said is very important - have realistic expectations and don't expect things to happen over night. Take it slow and it will happen.
  • dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    goal is 40 for me also! I'm adding you~
  • Beppy8
    Beppy8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me in too. I have 40 pounds to lose and can't seem to find the motivation to stick with it through dinner. :smile: I have got to do better though. My weight is getting ridiculous.
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have 39 more lbs to reach my goal. I've lost 61 so far. Add me if you wish :)