Difficulty Losing Lower Body Fat

Options
No matter how much I diet and exercise I don't see much change on my lower body (legs, hips, thighs, and behind) as I do on my upper body. I'm losing fat on my arms and stomach and seeing more definition there but don't seem to be loosing anywhere else. Can anyone else relate to this or have any suggestions for a skinnier looking lower body?

Replies

• iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i lost my lower body from doing the couch to 5K program, its easier then you think. and the jogging is great for your butt! now if i can just work on the tummy lol
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You cant do one excerise and it will work that one spot. Fat falls off from where ever it wants. So that in mind I have a bigger lower body.. and I been living and breathing squats to help get my legs more tone and get more muscle built in those spots. So far i have see a big differance in my thighs. now what is pissing my off it my little tire about the lower mid section
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm the saaaaame. I lost like 15 cm off my bust/waist but hips and legs exactly the saaaaaaaame ):
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    omg that is the STORY OF MY LIFE. i recently went to get fitted for a dress and there it was confirmed that i am actually two whole sizes bigger on bottom than i am on top! so you are not alone! do i have the solution? no!!!! i was getting into running and hopeful it would make a difference but then i got shin splints so thats out for awhile. someone help us! lol
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    If I'm reading your profile correctly you've only lost about 6-7 pounds so far. Be patient. My thighs, hips, etc. took a while to shrink too but now they're evening out with the rest of my body and I'm shaping into a nice hourglass. Just trust the process and keep working hard and you WILL see results :smile:
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Typically wherever you gain weight first is where you'll lose it last, so your problem areas will be lost in time. Just keep eating well and get lots of cardio. It'll come off.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Typically wherever you gain weight first is where you'll lose it last, so your problem areas will be lost in time. Just keep eating well and get lots of cardio. It'll come off.
  • hschellenbach
    Options
    Pilates and yoga are great for toning and flattening your stomach.
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem, i usually workout at home but i have joined aerobics classes and machine based excercise classes in the past. for tht matter i emphasize on lower body excercise, like in aerobics after warming up whole body turn more focus to lower, similarly i used treadmill, bicycle more after using elliptical for 2 weeks i realized the same problem so i skipped theelliptical too and i never used twister. coz just warm up excercizses give me enuff defined waist and i thot it will be better idea to pay attentiion to waist after losing the thighland.... but im still in the process
  • schatzie1982
    Options
    I think most women have that problem. It has something to do with us bearing children. Our bodies hang on to lower body fat with a vengeance. I am lucky that I lose in legs, waist, and hips first. The last thing to go is my upper body fat. I lose my band size but increase in the cup. That is frustrating also. My stomach on the other hand loves fat and seems to mock me as I lose weight. When I buy pants the legs and waist are to big but that stomach just gets in the way! If only I could take a pair of scissors and cut that portion off I would be fine.

Be patient and the lower body will catch up to the upper body. Walking helps a lot. Just hang in there and everything will work out.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That's just the way you lose the body fat. I do, too. I tell my friends that I feel like a toothpaste tube that is being squeezed and the 'stuff' is ending up in the 'middle'... which on me it is the legs, hips and thighs. Your bottom will catch up.... I know. Beware of your perception, too. Start keeping measurements because our eye is trained to see a pear in the mirror.... watch out for that.

There's already a lot of good ideas here on how to actually work those areas - and I am keeping some for myself, so I have nothing else to add just..... keep on.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    if you are pear shaped then the fat will come off of the lower body last. Do lots of leg strengthening exercises to give you nice definition. And what ever you do dont stop til you get to your goal, you will only start gaining weight from the bottom up and making you body look even worse than before you started.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Bump.....bu-bump....bump...bump!!!

Story.Of.My.Life.

Arrrrgh!!!

I'm lookin for answers too:explode:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    Predisposition to genetics is the reason here. Fat comes off systematically meaning that if you lose 1% then the 1% comes from all over the body. If you have a lot of lower body fat, then that will be the last place to lose and first to gain. Blame your parents.........
  • Ballay
    Ballay Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! these are all good suggestions and I'm sure they'll help everyone else dealing with the same problem.:smile: I'll keep at it and not give up!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser Workout 2 DVD has a 15 minute segment especially for the lower body. It's for "ladies trouble zones", so it's hips, butt, and thighs. Basically a lot of squats and lunges. I will say this, though: running and biking have done a lot for my legs. C25k has taken about 4 inches off of each of my thighs.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    There's no question that running slimmed my hips and thighs like nothing else.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Looks like running, biking, squats and lunges will do the trick:))
  • wonrob
    wonrob Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I agree that walking / jogging a lot works. Well, works minimally but after a while you'll get there. Anywho that's what happened in my case (though I've gone way off the bandwagon lately).
    I really hate how it's so hard to lose inner thigh fat!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you may be a "pear shape" and genetically predisposed to have a bigger bottom than top. Just do what you can to tone your lower body (squats, leg lifts, running, walking (especially with some of those toning shoes!)).