Need a motivational friend...

Options
First, some background. This started as an eating disorder, and then I started eating again quite suddenly, and next thing I know, I either eat all the food or none. I gained a ton of wieght. I joined 40 days ago, and have lost 11.4 lbs. This is great for me. Not too much or too little. I lost a little more at first because I slipped back into old habits and was not eating hardly at all.

I am 5'1 and 143.6 lbs.

I am proud of myself for getting this far, but want someone to help encourage me, but not be overly critical of my mistakes.

Thank you!

Replies

• smite114
    smite114 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was diagnosed with anorexia two years ago and now I'm struggling with binge eating so I can really relate to this. Starting from tomorrow I want to begin to eat normally and stop bingeing. Let me know if you want to be accountability-buddies and help support each other!
  • Rosieposiepoodlehead
    Options
    smite114 wrote: »
    Hello! I was diagnosed with anorexia two years ago and now I'm struggling with binge eating so I can really relate to this. Starting from tomorrow I want to begin to eat normally and stop bingeing. Let me know if you want to be accountability-buddies and help support each other!

Yes! That would be great! Thank you so much. I don't entirely understand My fitness pal yet, so the communication thing will be a little hard for me at first.
  • Franacious
    Franacious Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    In my teen years, I struggled a bit with an eating disorder and I've always struggled with body image. I'm old now, but please feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Rosieposiepoodlehead
    Options
    fclark11 wrote: »
    In my teen years, I struggled a bit with an eating disorder and I've always struggled with body image. I'm old now, but please feel free to add me if you'd like.

Haha, you still look quite young to me, and you have a beautiful smile. Thank you for the support. I will definitely add you.
  • jmaine252
    jmaine252 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm super excited to have found a community of like minded people! That said, I'll give a little bit of info about myself. An avid collegiate athlete I chose to take the past 5 yrs away from the gym and dieting all together. The past year I made the decision to go vegetarian, and it has been one of the best decisions I've made! I currently run 2+ miles daily as my primary workout. Wth the diet choice and running schedule I have dropped over 40 lbs! After some time of dedicated discipline, I have decided to re-enter the gym with goals of competition by 2020. I'll be tracking the journey on my page, along with diet tips and recipes. Stop by, feel free to friend me and share what works for you!
    @Rosieposiepoodlehead @fclark11 @smite114
  • Rosieposiepoodlehead
    Rosieposiepoodlehead Posts: 12 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    jmaine252 wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

I'm super excited to have found a community of like minded people! That said, I'll give a little bit of info about myself. An avid collegiate athlete I chose to take the past 5 yrs away from the gym and dieting all together. The past year I made the decision to go vegetarian, and it has been one of the best decisions I've made! I currently run 2+ miles daily as my primary workout. Wth the diet choice and running schedule I have dropped over 40 lbs! After some time of dedicated discipline, I have decided to re-enter the gym with goals of competition by 2020. I'll be tracking the journey on my page, along with diet tips and recipes. Stop by, feel free to friend me and share what works for you!
    @Rosieposiepoodlehead @fclark11 @smite114

That's great! I have stomach problems, and I throw up every time I run. I also get super dizzy and pass out. It's really upsetting. I do gentler work outs, but honestly haven't been doing very well lately. I started physical therapy and they have me work out there so hopefully I can do it on my own again soon. We are trying to get a membership to a gym that I can swim at. I'm impressed with your efforts. I would love to know some tips about easing into running so I don't get sick. My goal is to run a 2k in November. (it's not much to you, but to me it seems nearly impossible)
  • aprilbyrd2014
    aprilbyrd2014 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like I haven't found out how to add people have caught myself not eating at all so I to would like to find people to encourage weight loss the healthy way...good luck on your journey