Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Image Therapy?

kittypryde84
kittypryde84 Posts: 13 Member
edited October 2016 in Chit-Chat
It has been suggested to me that I could do with some image therapy.....
Does anyone have any advice, as I can not afford private therapies and the nhs in my area does not cover it :/

Replies

• edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Image therapies?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Go to the success stories forum on mfp. If it's just encouragement and inspiration you're looking for, those are pretty nice, and free.
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Good info km8907. Great motivation within success stories!
  • kittypryde84
    Thank you for your replies.. but success stories for this, is not what I need. I really just need advice with Image therapy.
    I do believe that success stories are great to read for inspiration and motivation on weight loss, just not for this. Thank you though.
  • km8907
    Maybe specify exactly what image therapy means to you exactly? It usually means encouragement by a counselor, tips and information from members, recipes and celebrating achievements. All that can really be found here, granted not many people here are actual counselors.
  • kittypryde84
    Yes sorry, I suppose by saying that, I have confused people with Slimming World IMAGE therapy.
    To clear my silly mistake up I actually an in the sense of Body Dismorphic Dissorder (BDD).
    They touched on the subject when I was doing CBT but it was a long commute to see my therapist and I couldn't keep up with the apts :/

Sorry for the confusion guys....should have made myself clearer. My bad :/
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Yes sorry, I suppose by saying that, I have confused people with Slimming World IMAGE therapy.
    To clear my silly mistake up I actually an in the sense of Body Dismorphic Dissorder (BDD).
    They touched on the subject when I was doing CBT but it was a long commute to see my therapist and I couldn't keep up with the apts :/

Sorry for the confusion guys....should have made myself clearer. My bad :/

Isn't your mental health worth a 'long commute'?
  • kittypryde84
    Yes my mental health is! But being a single working mum and having no transport, except an hrs bus drive both ways and only when they can fit me in was very hard. We tried talking on the phone, but it just didn't work out, I find face to face therapy works better for me Sadly hasn't been an option which is why I have tried some different things.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I don't know what image therapy is, but I assume it's posting memes.

zfziqkfd7p9j.jpg
  • km8907
    cee134 wrote: »

zfziqkfd7p9j.jpg

Swing and a miss.
  • Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Get a copy of "The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person" - it's a CBT based program (Judith Beck's father Aaron was also the father of CBT). It's available on Amazon and elsewhere.
  • kittypryde84
    vingogly wrote: »
    Get a copy of "The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person" - it's a CBT based program (Judith Beck's father Aaron was also the father of CBT). It's available on Amazon and elsewhere.

Ok thank you I'll give it a look :)
  • kittypryde84

zfziqkfd7p9j.jpg

Was this some sort of insult?
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    How about some scenery?

90o55r95ez9u.jpg
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited October 2016

zfziqkfd7p9j.jpg

no, I don't know what image therapy is, and I thought the pic might be cheerful.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,733 Member
    Yes my mental health is! But being a single working mum and having no transport, except an hrs bus drive both ways and only when they can fit me in was very hard. We tried talking on the phone, but it just didn't work out, I find face to face therapy works better for me Sadly hasn't been an option which is why I have tried some different things.

Can you Skype or Face Time your therapist? I understand the long drive, limited resources and time, etc. Just an idea.
  • kittypryde84

zfziqkfd7p9j.jpg

no, I don't know what image therapy is, and I thought the pic might be cheerful.

Ok, just wanted to check.