Beachbody

Options
I'm trying to add my Beachbody workout program in, but have no way to know how many calories I've burned, letalone how to put my workout into my diary. I don't own a debit and can't add 200 apps lol. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I don't own a debit and can't add 200 apps lol.

the what now?! :huh: :noway:
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I log them as yoga, aerobics, aerobics high impact or circuit training based on what workout I'm doing. It's not perfect, but it is close enough for me.
  • morbidmatzo86
    morbidmatzo86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was wondering. I'm doing Dirty 30 today and was wondering how to log it.
  • morbidmatzo86
    Options
    When I did cardio fix I put it as circuit training.
  • morbidmatzo86
    Options
    I don't own a debit and can't add 200 apps lol.

the what now?! :huh: :noway:

I didn't want to add a crapton of other apps just to figure one out. That's where I was getting at. Sorry it wasn't literate. I was typing quick between feeding my kid and letting dogs out. Do you have positive feed back or?????
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    there's a calculator for the p90x workouts - may be able to find similar for the others, or approximate like is mentioned above. http://p90xcalories.com/

just note that a lot of burns are inflated numbers so if you are eating back your calories you may want to do so conservatively at first and see if you're on target.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Track it under MFP's cardio entry Calisthenics.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I do turbo jam, there is actually an entry in the database for kickboxing turbo jam and then I just lower the calories a bit. For hip hop abs or rockin' body, you could use aerobics, general or high impact(depending how hard you go at it). Anything with cardio and weights or body weight strength I log as circuit training (also in database).
  • DotBouget
    DotBouget Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do Beachbody workouts! I don't enter the workouts because you shouldn't be re-eating calories you've burned off. Adjust your calories and/or macros to fit your needs. Obviously on a rest day you don't need to consume as many calories. My advice: track food intake and leave the exercise info out of it. You'll never be able to track how many calories weight lifting burns.
  • ktc1968
    ktc1968 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    what is the beachbody workout and where can I find it?
  • Pathman1
    Pathman1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ktc1968 wrote: »

Just google them. They are a company that makes exercise videos and nutritional products. Probably the best known video from them is P90X.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options

It's the name of a multi-level-marketing scheme company, which markets and sells through "coaches" (anyone that buys into it) a series of (mostly decent) workout videos and (overpriced) meal replacement shakes.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pathman1 wrote: »

Just google them. They are a company that makes exercise videos and nutritional products. Probably the best known video from them is P90X.

I always think insanity when I hear beachbody...
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »

It's the name of a multi-level-marketing scheme company, which markets and sells through "coaches" (anyone that buys into it) a series of (mostly decent) workout videos and (overpriced) meal replacement shakes.

At it's root, it started out as a fitness company, marketing workout videos. Over time, they got a little greedy and expanded into the MLM realm, peddling overpriced tripe (Shakeology) and a "business opportunity" ("coaching").
    Most of the videos are pretty good, albeit somewhat overpriced when you realize you can find some comparable products for free or significantly cheaper on YouTube or other fitness sites (Fitness Blender). Unfortunately, the actual fitness side gets a black eye from the skeevy practices of the "business" side (i.e., pyramid scheme MLM).

Go to Beachbody for the workouts, but stay away from the "coaches".

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    DotBouget wrote: »
    I do Beachbody workouts! I don't enter the workouts because you shouldn't be re-eating calories you've burned off. Adjust your calories and/or macros to fit your needs. Obviously on a rest day you don't need to consume as many calories. My advice: track food intake and leave the exercise info out of it. You'll never be able to track how many calories weight lifting burns.

MFP uses the NEAT method and is designed so that you can eat back the calories you burn if you've got your activity levels set accurately. A lot of the calorie burn estimates tend to be high, which is why you need to make adjustments and why a lot of people will suggest eating 50-75% back, but you absolutely can (and in some cases should) eat back your exercise calories. You need to adequately fuel your body.