Hello, new to the board and ready to rock & roll!

Options
Hey ladies (and gents?!)
My name's Char and I'm new to the message board as of TODAY! I actually had the MyFitnessPal app awhile ago and totally didn't use it. BUT DESPERATE TIMES CALL FOR DESPERATE MEASURES!

After marrying the love of my life this summer (end of July), I've managed to "let go" of my pre-wedding fitness and healthy eating SO FAR that I've gained 15 pounds! I'm mortified and disappointed, but know it's correctable right now without being a HUGE catastrophe.

Yesterday was hubby and my first day of dedication back to eating healthy and working out. Believe it or not we used to be somewhat gym rats and ate super healthy like 90% of the time. Things have loosened up (as I think they do?) after our wedding, and we also started drinking alcohol again after about a year dry run. All of the factors have definitely added and here we are. Marshmallow marriage.

Yesterday we did a very low carb diet and I'm going to start implementing that where I can. I"m not a big fan of the total low carb plan, but I think there's room to implement it to some extent and being more mindful of carbs as I cook and shop for our family.

We are back in the gym three nights a week, + 2 morning classes for me a week, and 1 night a week jogging totaling 6 workouts for me a week to start. My goal is to reach my goal weight (-15 pounds) by the end of this year if possible.

I have a big photoshoot (for my shoe brand) on 1/7 and that is the drop dead date I'd like to reach, being back at my goal weight and feeling awesome.

Would love to hear your guys' experience with weight gain, weight loss, diet, exercise. What has worked for you and what hasn't?

Looking forward to new fitness friends!

xo
Char

Replies

• realsammysalamander
    Options
    Hi Char, I am also looking to drop some relaxed summer pounds! We seem to have similar goals so I sent you a friend request.