New here, need motivation.

Options
Hi everyone. Im Sara, and I just signed up after making the decision to lose my weight once and for all. I suffer with depression and anxiety and my weight at the moment is not helping :( But I know i can lose it, all 8 stone of it!! When I stress i eat, i stress about my weight so....im in a vicious circle as my gp says. I would love to lose 42lbs by March if possible, wish me luck!! And please, feel free to add me if you would like to as i need all the encouragement i can get.
Thanks for reading xx

Replies

• juliebristow8922
    juliebristow8922 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara. I'm new here too. I also eat when I'm stressed and I go straight for anything sugary. I didn't realise there was so much support on here . I have only just discovered all the discussions .
    Good luck with your weight loss
  • pyro_guy7
    pyro_guy7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I can relate with the stress eating. With 30 extra lbs this year :neutral: Let's help each other get back on track!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I can relate with the stress eating. I do it as well. Especially when im depressed. You can do this though!! I know you can.
    Feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • MsSpooky83
    MsSpooky83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) I will add you now xx
  • sallyd837
    sallyd837 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to just stick with. It is hard, the scales wont move, measurements wont move, but then one day they will and youll feel great, and youll be so happy you didnt give up. My weight loss is very slow but i never give up
  • MsSpooky83
    Options
    Im trying to weigh once every 2 weeks. Long as I can eat better meals and move more I will soon see results :) I just need to stick to it this time x
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    MsSpooky83 wrote: »
    Im trying to weigh once every 2 weeks. Long as I can eat better meals and move more I will soon see results :) I just need to stick to it this time x

are you logging your food in your diary? have you setup a calorie allotment on here?
  • MsSpooky83
    Options
    I have logged my food :) I know my calorie limit. Today I am under it and have earned back a few calories thanks to my walking.
  • juliebristow8922
    juliebristow8922 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Weighing every 2 weeks is a good idea. It can ruin ur motivation weighing too often. What diets are people following ? I'm on low carb and currently trying to cut out sugar cravings :(