Options
2»

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Read this
    malibu927 wrote: »
    OP, 1200 is the absolute minimum MFP will give you, meaning you would not have met your 2 pound a week goal without dangerously undereating (since it bumped you to 1450 for a pound a week, losing 2 pounds a week would mean only eating 950 calories a day, which is not safe).

Then read this again
    Thanks for all the feed back! I changed my goal to 1 lb per week and figured once I get into a groove with logging my food and knowing what to eat and really establishing an exercise routine then I'll shoot for the 2 lbs per week. Like I said, I don't want to set myself for failure. I'd rather baby step it in the beginning if I have to than to try to go balls to the wall and it be a bust because it was too much all at once.

2 pounds a week, for you, is not sustainable or feasible.

• nottellingit
    nottellingit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been calorie counting for just over five months and have lost over thirty pounds. The goal has always been 1200, but in the early days I wasn't super fussy about it and was happy as long as I was within 200 calories of my goal (expect for a two week period where I was super active and starving all the time and ate 1600 calories/day). I've found that it gets easier the longer you stick with it. So, start off with 1500 calories, then 1400 the next week, etc
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    It's also worth pointing out that 1200 calories is the minimum MFP will calculate for women. It doesn't matter if you pick .5, 1 or 2 lb per week. Just because you have 1200, doesn't mean you'll lose 2 lbs per week anyway. It's likely that with only 25 lbs to lose, the 1000 calorie per day deficit is well below the 1200 calorie threshold.
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Here's a good guideline:

Pounds per week
    75+ lbs to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs range