Replies

• vcanter
    vcanter Posts: 17
    Options
    I am a new member and I am doing this for my job.:wink:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site will really help you a lot. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome :smile: Good Luck on your weight loss journey:smile:
  • vcanter
    Options
    I've never used a chat room. I am trying to exercise 3-4 x per week for 30-45 minutes. Calories between 1200-1300 per day. How do you all do it?
  • tidwelljw
    tidwelljw Posts: 146
    Options
    Are asking about burning 1200-1300 a day or consuming 1200-1300 a day?
  • vcanter
    Options
    Consuming.
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    I do it by just being EXTREMELY aware of what I am eating. That means no junk food snacking or any kind of cakes or any fast food. and Also drinking nothing but water and a little milk here and there. For the past week or so I have been coming in right at 950-1150 calories and I can honestly say that I am not hungry. The trick is smarter, smaller choices, broken up throughout the day.
  • vcanter
    Options
    Are you married?
  • razberry033
    Options
    When I start thinking about eating that cheeseburger and fries, I take a minute to remind myself how much exercise it will take to burn it all off. That usually does the trick (not always, but it's ok to indulge every once in awhile!)

It also helps to have an exercise partner who will get you going when you're not very motivated. I just started to exercise 3-4 times per week as well, and having a partner has helped tremendously!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello there and welcome to MFP. I just wanted to tell you good luck with your weight loss journey and you can do this.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I do it by just being EXTREMELY aware of what I am eating. That means no junk food snacking or any kind of cakes or any fast food. and Also drinking nothing but water and a little milk here and there. For the past week or so I have been coming in right at 950-1150 calories and I can honestly say that I am not hungry. The trick is smarter, smaller choices, broken up throughout the day.

I would recommend reading some of the sticky threads on eating less than 1200 calories per day. Especially as a male, it's not beneficial. 1200 is the minimum a female should be eating. A male should aim for about 1500 calories per day. I trust you don't want the testosterone of an 11 year old girl. :wink:
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    Yea the thing is I'm not trying to eat that few calories....it just happens that way. I have cut everything out that I used to eat that was bad. I used to eat about 3500-4000 calories a day. So I have changed my diet 180 degrees. For the first couple weeks I'm just erring on the side of caution so I dont fall back into my old habits.
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    why do you ask if I'm married?
  • vcanter
    Options
    Just curious. I think it would be easier to diet when you do not have a husband (or wife) and kids to cook for.:
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    I am married....we don't have any kids, my wife is pregnant but she is vevry supportive. For the most part she has always been the one that tries to eat healthier. I have just recently realized that I'm not as young as I used to be and need to start taking better care of my body! But you're right, it is easier by your self.
  • vcanter
    Options
    Well, we have three daughters. One 22 y/o, weighs about 115lbs. 5' 6". One 21 y/o, weighs 100lb, and the baby is 11 y/o and weighs about 60lb and 4' 10". My husband is 6' 2" and weighs about 150lbs. I don't have a chance. They are all very supportive. but it is hard to watch them eat things knowing that I cannot have any.