Hello from Northern Cali!

Options
Califlower71
Califlower71 Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I am new here but have been working for awhile on weight been up and down alot over last few years.. Just when I was doing good had my health and surgeries stop me in my tracks.. Then this past April I wrecked my vehicle and now I am forced to walk ALOT.. so I have lost over 20lbs and not sure how many actual inches but went from 4x to 2x and have a good deal of muscle.. And loose skin lol so I know I am doing good.. So here I am trying to really keep track of exercise and diet so that I can finally do this and my goal is to be 180..but would be OK with 199 just If I can get under 200 lbs. It has been so long! I am a married mom of 4 Kids.. 25, 21, 17, and 13 yrs old.we live in Humboldt County California in the redwoods right on the ocean.. I would love to have some new friends and support each other. I have a back injury, t2 diabetes.. Though close to dropping the meds.. Depression, ptsd, insomnia, sleep apnea, hydrocephalus, neuropathy and had 2 hernia surgeries in last two years and possibly have another so trying hard to get the weight down alot before that happens.. 7 years ago I had a blood clot straddling both lungs with no clue where it came from luckily I did not have surgery for that. I lost my mom to colon cancer 4 years ago and have first signs of also and have to be screened in the next month.. So it's now or never to get healthy and live for a lot longer lol thank you for reading my story and I can't wait to meet you all!

Replies

• CALS0CCERBEAR87
    CALS0CCERBEAR87 Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    hey San Jose here....getting under 200 was a benchmark for me/great feeling...i was happier about reaching 199 than i was about the 170's haha....and all your mental issues will most likely improve the healthier you eat and more you exercise + losing weight
  • CALS0CCERBEAR87
    CALS0CCERBEAR87 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i'm also sorry about your mom
  • ardysedwardsmcgrath
    ardysedwardsmcgrath Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Iowa here.. sorry to hear bout everything! yes it can be depressing.. seems like so hard to get off this weight.. i get impatient.. go on vaacation in 2 days .. still gona try to eat good.. this next cpl days my sleep will be soo off.. ughs.. i work all nite tomorrow for some1&then leave mid am for airport to fly out west in afternoon&long delay &my bf wants me up in 4 hrs to go eat out for lunch b4 i take off.. im thinking sleep sounds alot better than gettin up to eat.&he wants a TENDERLOIN.. yuck! defry dont agree with me that well.. &ill be traveling