With my stats listed, is 2530cals a day reasonable?

Options
So I'm 300lbs, twenty years old, male, and 6' 1". I wanted to lose two pounds per week initially, but 2k was just not enough for me; I was starving. I changed the setting to lose one pound per week and was given 2,530. I work retail about forty hours a week and spend most of that time on my feet, but I still put in that I was sedentary.

Do you think 2,530 is too many calories or not enough? I just struggle to eat less than 2,300 and was curious what others thought.

Replies

• subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    2000 calories is certainly doable. You just need to be careful about fats. 9 calories each gram. I guess a fitness tracker that tracks steps etc would be ideal for you. That way you can estimate your daily calorie burn since your job is pretty active.

I would recommend buying a lot of greens: Kale, Broccoli, Spinach, Cabbage, Lettuce etc. You would be amazed how much of them you can eat and how low calories they are. Chicken breasts are amazing as well in terms of being filling.
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ill send you a req so you can check out my diary. Im 6' and now almost 290, i started at 341. My limit mfp gave me was like 2850 but i brought it down to 2450 but i stick around 1800-2000 pretty easily. I work at a golf course 5-7 days a week and go to the gym 7 days a week
  • RaiderFred1
    RaiderFred1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    2000 Calories is doable. Im 40, 6'2" and weigh 389lbs. For the past 2 weeks I have tried consuming about 1200 to 1500 calories a day. There are days that I do consume about 2000. I will admit the first 2-3 days are the worst. But you can do it. Plan out your meals at around 600 cals each (3 meals a day) and if you get hungry between meals have a fruit or a low cal granola bar. Thats pretty much what I did.