Nauseous At Beginning of Diet

Options
Hey all,

I'm just wondering if anyone else got extremely nauseous after they began calorie counting. I began my diet a few days ago, and every morning after I drink water and eat something (like an english muffin, which shouldn't upset my stomach) I get hit with nausea immediately after finishing the meal.

I lost 70 lbs before, and I never got really nauseous in the morning, but I was 19 then and I'm 21 now, so maybe my body has changed in how it handles food.

Also, is it better to eat if you feel lightheaded and nauseous or to stick to your allotted calories? Last night, it was like 1am but I was so nauseous that I couldn't even sleep--it took me hours to fall asleep when I suspect a spoonful of peanut butter would have made my body calm down.

Really, I'm just wondering if this happens to anyone else or if I need to be concerned, haha :)

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Only time I got nauseous was when I found out I was pregnant.
  • watermelonthighs
    watermelonthighs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Haha, well I know that's not the case XD
  • mssmssy
    mssmssy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Are you used to eating in the morning? I feel that way if I don't eat within an hour of waking up and if I take my vitamins without food.
  • watermelonthighs
    watermelonthighs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I haven't been eating breakfast most days, but since I started calorie counting I kept reading how important breakfast is. Maybe it's just that my stomach isn't used to food that early, or needs to adjust.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Breakfast as the most important meal of the day is a bit of a myth. If you don't like breakfast/aren't used to eating breakfast there's no point in forcing yourself. The only reason I do is because of medications that require food in the stomach and I've pushed that out to 9am (about 4 hours after I actually get up).

Changing the way you eat radically nearly always leaves some marks on your body, in your case it might be the nausea.

If it doesn't get better, might I suggest a check up at the doctor's?
  • folgers86
    folgers86 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I wasn't eating enough and my blood sugar would drop too low.