First "Normal" Clothing Store in 26 Years.

Options
2»

Replies

• Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I can wear an XL now. Trust me I know how you feel. When I first put on a size 17 pants in juniors and they actually fit I definitely cried a little. Of course now they're loose on me. Lol.
  • LisaLoo13
    LisaLoo13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I remember the exact same moment! I DID cry....with my friend that's never been overweight standing there not quite "getting it". Congrats to you...you should be so proud:-)
  • miconsumafuoco
    miconsumafuoco Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm at the crossroads of this place in my journey at the moment. So far this year I've lost 40 pounds and last year 18 more. I've been shopping in the plus size section almost all of my adult and high school life. This year, I was so excited about losing weight that I was just really happy to go back to the same store and buy smaller clothes. But the weight has continued to come off and even my new clothes are way too big now. I've been putting off getting more new clothes and when my friends or people at work notice that my clothes are are getting baggy again, (in an excited positive way,) I say I'm waiting bc I know they probably won't fit for long anyway. But I think the truth is that the last time I went, I had to get the smallest size there, and I'm afraid of going to the "normal" section and feeling how you and others have described. Like I don't belong there, glaring or amused looks, and what would make it even more humiliating would be if nothing fit. I'm glad you shared this and totally get how something that seems so simple could be so emotionally striking. It has also made me think about taking a chance myself :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's such a good feeling!! When I started out losing weight (at 254lbs) my goal was simply to be able to buy clothes in normal stores. That was all I wanted! Once I got there, I was ready to set a new goal.

Goodwill shopping is easier too, so much more choice!
  • honorthecolors
    honorthecolors Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love the OP's story.
  • tltmom
    tltmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very happy for you! Keep up the fine work and get that new bike!!!

I've lost 30 pounds (10 more to go) but getting a few pretty dresses for a girls' trip with my daughter was an amazing feeling. I used to basically wear the most covering, frumpy things I could get away with and hide inside them. It was fun to get glammed up with my daughter for the first time in at least a decade.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats a great achievement
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Love the camo shirt!!
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, good for you! I know the feeeling. I started off on XXL shirts and 40-42 pants, depending on the pair. I was dumbfounded to find myself fitting into medium shirts and 34 pants (next ones will be 32s). I totally get the feeling out of place thing...but it sure feels good to be there :)
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Your post made me tear up!!! I totally understand the feeling. About 6 months ago I tried on a size 10 dress pants and broke down bawling in the dressing room because they actually fit. I'm sure the saleswoman thought I was nuts. You look absolutely stunning, and I hope you bought the shirt.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! This is the best feeling ever. I still get a high knowing I can shop in the junior's section.

Keep up the great work!
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am so looking forward to the day when I can shop in a normal store! So happy for you!!
  • P13C35
    P13C35 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That is a great feel. Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!