I feel pretty, oh so pretty

Options
Almost 25 pounds down, a little over a quarter of the way there. I've noticed in the last week how really super good I feel, and feel like I look! I cannot remember a time in my life that I have felt good about myself, I've been plagued with low self esteem for as long as I can honestly remember. Always a chunky girl, normally with bad skin and bad hair...I always felt inferior when standing next to one of the "beautiful people". A lot has happened in the last year of my life to change me, I received a promotion last July into Marketing for the health care field, when I first got that job I felt like there was no way I'd ever belong with this new group of people who looked so perfect. Along the way I started learning about make-up and fashion, unfortunately I was to heavy to fit into what I saw and this only made me further depressed and even heavier! Out of desperation I began a 500 calorie diet in April thinking a quick fix was the only thing that would work for me, it only took a few days and I passed out at work from extremely low blood sugar. That is when my friends told me about mfp, I never thought this would work..nothing else ever had..boy was I wrong! The encouragement is amazing here, the information wonderful, and I feel like if I'm gone or don't workout my friends will notice and be disappointed in me. Now, back to feeling pretty...my muscles are defined, my stomach so much flatter, my double chin is almost gone, and my shirts don't cut off the circulation in my upper arms anymore!! I can now fit into regular clothes, and just pick a size up and will fit! Now nearly everyday someone is telling me how pretty I am, how much they love my clothes, and how much weight they can tell that I've lost...my husband even called me high-maintenance the other day lol! I cannot wait to see how I am going to feel in another 20 pounds...and cannot wait to join the ranks of the "beautiful people"!

Replies

• kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go!
  • KEMerriman
    KEMerriman Posts: 14
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    YOU.GO.GIRL!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good for you :flowerforyou:
  • chozynvessel
    chozynvessel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Beauty is much deeper than just the physical... I can tell from this post that you are already a beautiful person, and because "we are our own worst enemy" I bet you are even beautiful on the outside. you are just taking longer to see it!

But Besides that, I am totally happy for you that you are finally seeing it, that is the hardest part in my opinion with this journey, sure the scale says im smaller and so does the measuring tape but actually SEEING it in the mirror is the hugest challenge to conquer. SO congrats!
  • destiny637
    destiny637 Posts: 79
    Options
    That seriously made me smile ear-to-ear!! I am sooooooo beyond happy for you!!!
  • Keep up the good work:)
  • lggarland
    lggarland Posts: 9
    Options
    so happy for you!! It is amazing how getting into a good routine of eating well and exercising really does make you feel good. Especially when you start seeing those results!! Congratulations!!! (and thanks for making me smile...I was singing along w/ the title of your post!)
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing great! Good for you! :)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!