Not new, but starting anew!

Options
I've been back and forth with MFP and Weight Watchers and other ways of losing weight for the past 4-5 years. The first time I used MFP I lost over 50lbs! It was so easy! The last few tries have been rather difficult. I think what made me successful in the past was having a good list of accountability buddies who posted their weight loss successes and NSV's and wrote about their struggles and victories when they had them. It gave me the motivation I needed to keep on my own path!

I currently need to lose 75lbs. I gained back those 50lbs I lost and "found" an extra 25 to carry around while I was at it. I want it gone for good this time. Anyone want to join me? Send me an add if you do!

Oh, and I am also doing Couch 25k (slowly). Anyone else out there?

Good luck to you all :)

Replies

• Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Im starting "anew" as well. Add me.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Each time is harder. Need to make this the LAST time. That's what I'm trying to do... lose the weight and then actually keep it off.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    It's good to have a reason you want to lose the weight- a good one- or several. And also to really commit.

Not commit to a few months of struggle while you work to get the weight off, but commit to a new lifestyle that you will keep up FOREVER. You won't be in a calorie deficit forever of course- but even after you meet your goal you'll have to keep exercising, keep tracking calories, eating healthy foods in reasonable portions and keep treat foods within your calories and macros limits...

Can you do that? Are you ready?

I am. This time.

I'm done being overweight. I want my health to be as good as it can be for as long as possible. I want to be at a healthy weight, I'm tired of feeling fat ALL THE TIME.

• kierasayshi
    kierasayshi Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm starting fresh, too. I'll add u!
  • annettebrassbridge
    Options
    Not new to MFP but starting fresh again. Lost 30lbs two years ago. Gained it all back. Here we go again.
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat...you are not alone!
  • smallnutwalnut
    smallnutwalnut Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting anew, too! Add me, we'll encourage each other!
  • bunnyrides09
    bunnyrides09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with this. :)
  • dotmcdonald
    dotmcdonald Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat- I was on MFP awhile back and could not figure it out- was frustrated- I am back now and getting better at understanding the site - so please be patient with me. I really want to lose the weight this time. Like you I am tired of being over weight. I set a small goal for myself. If i reach it I promised myself I would treat myself to a nice new outfit for Christmas. I need lots of motivation and help. I would love to make it a lifetime change. I struggle to eat healthy food that I like. I need to exercise more that's a definite. Thank you for hearing me out. Just writing this has helped.
  • Dietbully
    Dietbully Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in that boat rowing with you! Haven't gained in the last two years but have not lost...it gets harder and harder to stick to it. I waiver between what I like more... being slimmer or wine. I've learned I can't REALLY enjoy both at the same time.

Would love to make the 30# journey with new friends and encouragement along the way.
  • tshalee
    tshalee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am an old member discovering this site like it was new. I thought all this time I was all alone on here. who knew there was a community in here. I am newly excited to retry this dieting now
  • cpinkygo
    cpinkygo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting anew too & vow to keep it off this time. You can add me! Thanks
  • lovelabsX2
    lovelabsX2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm with all ya'll!!!
    Was doing SUPER, then "fell off the wagon" and managed to gain back what I'd lost. Well, I'm back and determined. Add me and we'll tackle this. Here we go!!!!
  • karen110567
    karen110567 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm two days into it - feel free to add me and we'll encourage each other!
  • mairesile
    mairesile Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • ToniLewis94
    ToniLewis94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in add me
  • nickybad
    nickybad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Getting back on track too. Lost 75 gained 25 back. Want to lose 50.
  • NattySchmatty
    NattySchmatty Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I am starting over as well. Lost 40 lbs and gained it all back. Feel free to add me :)