Starting over again - Looking for short friends and beginners

Options
I've been here before, but am starting all over again. I am 36 years old, 5'2", 157 pounds/size 12, with a goal of 120 (probably about a 6). I have 2 school-age kids, and I run a small business from home. Sugar in all forms is my vice, and the only exercise I don't hate is yoga. I am an emotional eater who needs to find an alternative to numbing myself with food.

I would love to have some MFP friends to help keep me motivated, and I can do the same for you. Fellow short women preferred, as it can be discouraging to see others enjoying a lot more calories or faster losses. I know from past experience that slow and steady is the best I can hope for. The trick is sticking with it!

Replies

• thesameov
    thesameov Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll add you!!

I'm 5'2 and have much more weight then you to lose.

I just posted a bit about myself here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10470037/looking-to-build-a-small-tribe-of-supporters#latest
  • QuixoticNeurotic
    QuixoticNeurotic Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Heya, I'm 5'2 also! And I know what you mean! I remember when I was starting out originally just seeing the number of calories tall people can consume on deficit brought me to tears
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Its goes against everything you say there but to lose weight I'm afraid you,re gonna have to jump on a treadmill/cross trainer or Rower! You need to work aerobically to burn the fat off!
    It will also help release Endorphins the "Feel Good" Chemicals.
    As for comfort eating? Try buying protein/nut bars n the like!
    Theres enough of us here to help motivate n keep you focused!
    Good Luck x
  • BldnBlue
    BldnBlue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :wink:

I just started over for who knows, the 10th? time, in August. . . I'm 15lbs. down with at least 10 to go. I am 5'3" and currently weigh 145.
    I struggle with accountability to the gym and sometimes food, and I tend do better when I am friendly competing with someone!
  • p0sitiv3_vib3s
    p0sitiv3_vib3s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'll add u!
    I'm 5.3 lost 23lb so far still got 35ish to go!
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 as well, started at 176 and now at 144.8, want to lose another 20lbs, maybe more.
  • wvumillertime
    wvumillertime Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over for the 5th time. I'm currently 250 which is well over my BMI index. I have two numbers in mind... 50lbs and June 3rd.

That's my wedding day and I want to look good when my bride walks down that aisle. She's already in great shape so I want her to know this is for a long healthy marriage.

Good luck to everyone!
  • verysexyscorpio
    verysexyscorpio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow short gal.. im 4'10 so i KNOW the struggle !!!
  • brig_it
    brig_it Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join for some accountability! I am 5'4", also back on the bandwagon because I am such an emotional eater.
  • dsparkles13
    dsparkles13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I am 5 foot 2 as well.. I understand the struggles you mention.
    My highest and SW: 185.2
    CW: 167.8
    GW: 125
  • saffron_mary
    saffron_mary Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 "1, gained 10lbs in a month and it went straight to my waistline...it's depressing!
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've lost 98lbs through good diet and fitness, now maintaining. Looking for likeminded healthy friends to connect with.
    Add away MFP family xx
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/foxyfin
  • faith_suzzette
    faith_suzzette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5'2", 35 years old. Add me, please. :)
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    5'3, 27. Only been here a month so pretty new :P
  • tsheringdeki92
    tsheringdeki92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Helo. ! Im new here. just decided to start this journey with you all. Im sick of being overweight all my life . I weigh 143 pounds and want to lose 30 pound. Height 5.2 ft. In need motivation..
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You and I are very similar - I am 36, 5'2". At 155 now, looking to be around 130ish. Feel free to add me - any shorties feel free as well!
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    35yo
    5'4''
    Request sent.
    Anyone else feel free to add me!