Any tea junkies here?

Options
Marig0ld
Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
Just wanted to see if anyone else out there is as addicted to herbal tea as I am. I still drink coffee every now and then, but I went to China in November and absolutely fell in love with their various teas--- lychee, jasmine, and ginseng to name a few.

I find that sipping on tea throughout the day helps curb my appetite. Doesn't really matter what type it is, but I'm a big fan of the ShapeUp blend from Teavana. Just don't drink that too late in the day, or you'll be bouncing off the walls all night. :laugh:

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I have one shelf in my pantry filled with Tea. Sippin some home made Chai right now!
  • jeankh
    jeankh Posts: 68
    Options
    I LOVE tea ;) I have a whole box of different kinds in my kitchen ;) Anytime I go somewhere I like to get a different kind. I've taken up(more so then before) drinking it in the nights while I watch tv instead of snaking.
  • luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    oooooh yeah. I drink so much tea. I gave up coffee about a year ago, and I drink assam black tea in the morning. I love lemon-ginger - great for weight loss, too! I also really love green tea and the blueberry green tea slim life that yogi teas makes is super tasty. Oh, and black tea with yerba mate!!! Tastes like postum, but very healthy.
  • starlight101
    starlight101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also love tea! I could drink it all day every day and i never need sugar with it like i feel i do with coffee. I recently discovered Rooibos tea. I love it as it taste better than the normal caffeinated and is non caffeinated. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos
    Yum yum! :D Lychee is also delish!
  • sara21
    sara21 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love Twinings Cold Brew Teas...wild berry and green tea mint. They are quick to make and taste great.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Tea = happiness
    I love having teas for every mood. Listening to classical music and studying Art History? Sip that Earl Grey. Winter blues? Peppermint Green. Getting ready for bed? Chamomile. Feelin' ill? Ginger. Feelin' hot? Iced pomegranate. The list goes on...
  • rob504
    rob504 Posts: 79
    Options
    As a life long tea junkie, I now drink mainly Nacto Indian masala blend spiced tea, made with cloves,cinnamon,ginger,cardamom and black pepper. One of the many advantages of living near a city with a large Asian population is being able to readily buy such exotic fayre.
  • VELVET2688
    VELVET2688 Posts: 40
    Options
    I too have a whole shelf of nothing but tea's. we went to the Bahama's and found Nassau Rum flavored tea( go figure ..LOL) its so good it makes me go,"mmmmmmm" when I take a sip. They have rum banana, vanilla rum and a few others. I buy most of my loose leaf teas from www. adiago.com and Darlene's tea port on Ebay. They have some excellent blends. I too drink it all year long. I found a white cucumber tea, I make into cold tea, then put a couple of sleces of cucumber in my glass with it, its light and refreshing.
  • 19zerbrechen63
    Options
    Tea = happiness
    I love having teas for every mood. Listening to classical music and studying Art History? Sip that Earl Grey. Winter blues? Peppermint Green. Getting ready for bed? Chamomile. Feelin' ill? Ginger. Feelin' hot? Iced pomegranate. The list goes on...

I'm a tea junkie too and this is what it's all about. I have a tea for every mood I'm in. I used to be a coffee junkie, but have since replaced it with tea. Tea is love. :)
  • wellnesscoachmegg
    wellnesscoachmegg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love tea! I get mine from traditional medicinals online--their herbs are pharmacopoeial grade. Really good for you. I love the Lavender and Chamomile. And when I really want to spoil myself, I drop some serious coin at Teavana. MMMM!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I will admit that I am a tea junkie. I love tea, almost any kind. On an every day basis I drink a couple of cups of either hot or cold green tea. I love flavored teas, right now I have a large stash of pomegranate tea bags at home. One of my coworkers just has to comment eveytime he catches me getting another glass of tea. He tells me, and everyone else, that I am a complete addict. I guess he should know, he is a dr of psychology. :laugh:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Love tea also.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I suppose I am a tea junky, but not for herbal teas. I mostly drink black tea, very strong, nothing added. I think it's crazy that people on here are so obsessed with plain water when tea tastes so much better and is full of healthy antibiotics. I drink it all day long.