What do people eat with rice/ noodles?

Options
Thinking of lunch ideas and think this would fill me up till teatime or if im at work was just wondering what people have with their noodles/rice/pasta?

Replies

• brisondav
    brisondav Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Since I am Mexican I eat my rice with beans.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Silly question but wot kind of beans?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Anything and everything.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Do any of u use sauces so it doesnt taste dry?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of trying a stir fry?

You can have the rice with chicken, veggies and a bit of teriyaki sauce.
  • governatorkp
    governatorkp Posts: 89 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    One dish I love would be rice noodles with broccolini and chickpeas, with some tamari to finish off.

I don't think rice should be dry when cooked. Maybe the following hints help;
    - 2 parts water for 1 part rice
    - wait for the water the boil, then lower heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for about 30 mins
    after that time your water should pretty much be gone whilst having nice, moist rice
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Asian stir fry with rice, red beans n rice, black beans and rice, red lentil soup with rice. Noodles/pasta with red sauce or pesto or roasted vegetables.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Various stir fries...
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    They all sound lovely and quite easy to do, will have to go and look for sauces as not sure wot to get that will taste nice with it
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Do any of u use sauces so it doesnt taste dry?

Sometimes. I rarely eat plain rice or noodles but I don't always add sauce. Sometimes I add oil or veggies or beans or whatever else strikes my fancy.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I live in Italy and make pasta everyday. There are hundreds of ways to fix it.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    chinese recipe - stir fry egg and tomatoes (add tofu if you want) , excellent over rice. quick and healthy . Sounds gross but it's great
  • folgers86
    folgers86 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Chicken tikka masala
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Fried rice
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, millions of things.

I'd never eat either plain (it just wouldn't interest me or occur to me to do so). I'd normally do some mix of protein and vegetables with some oil for cooking. For pasta I might make it into a sauce (or do a traditional tomato or meat sauce, but with lots and lots of vegetables), but I also might just sautee some shrimp and veg (or some other sort of protein instead of shrimp) in some olive oil and then mix it around.
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Noodles with seabass, stir fried peppers, carrot, red onion, garlic, fresh ginger and some Thai dipping sauce <3
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Also love a Pad Thai :)
  • Katamondango
    Katamondango Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cook your rice in chicken broth. Moist and flavorful. :) Toss some steamed veggies in (broccoli, peppers, cabbage, peas, whatever floats your boat).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,892 Member
    Options
    Thinking of lunch ideas and think this would fill me up till teatime or if im at work was just wondering what people have with their noodles/rice/pasta?

Veggies
    Chicken
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Those are just a side dish for me... so I get some kind of protein with them.