BIG money - what would YOU do?

Options
karenjoy
karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
The lottery prize tonight is £166 Million pounds/264.1558 million U.S. dollars/255.967403 million Canadian dollars
(Tax free) what would YOU spend it on?

Replies

• photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to get over the TAX FREE part?!?!?!
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Some travel, some charity, "righting" some wrongs. I'd also get a personal chef and trainer so I can achieve some physical fitness milestones. I'd also learn to fly.
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    A new house with an awesome kitchen and I would hire my own personal chef :)
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    hmm great question!

Give some away to family and close friends who need to win this lottery as badly as I do..lol
    Buy my first house
    Buy my first new car
    Travel!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    A little of EVERYTHING!!!!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I would buy a house and all the other cool crap everyone wants. Then a chunk of it I would spend on building compact sustainable housing for the extremely poor in Latin America. I would invest a huge chunk of it too in stocks, bonds, etc.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    time machine and invisible cloak
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    id move to an island in a huge house with all my loved ones, and wed lay on the beach all day, or by the pool and have chef made meals and personal trainers and make up artists, WATEVER and just enjoy life!.. prob still do some kinda work tho, need to stay busy!...maybe a snorkling hut or something LOL idk!...open a resort! lol.. and charity!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Pay off all my debts (and my immediate family's too)
    Travel!!! Anywhere and everywhere!!!
  • FoxCarter
    FoxCarter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Give it away. I would never be able to spend/use that much money ever. As nice as it would be to have it, I think there are so many good things that could be done with it. (of course, after paying off our mortgage and helping out our friends and family)
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I would quit my job, build a house, book a bunch of trips, and hand out some to friends, family, and charities. Then, put the rest in the bank/investments so it will last the rest of my life!!
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    House, crazy cool car for DH, travel for a year with kids and a tutor to homeschool them (fly friends to meet us during vacations), private island, for starters.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I would buy a slightly bigger house (actually, I really just need a basement and laundry room added to the house I have... I don't need a mansion, just some more storage space).

I would buy a motor home. Probably not one of those huge, million dollar deals.. but one around $30,000 for us to take camping.

Then I would find somewhere to put this motor home. On the water.

My boyfriend lived in Florida for 10 yrs and wants to go back -- I want to live in Dutch Harbor Alaska -- I might need homes (modest ones -- like just slightly larger than the one we currently have!) in both places. :) Summer in Dutch, winter in Florida.

I'd buy a new car. Mine is a 1999 and while it still runs great, I'd like something new.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    pretty sure Can dollars is above US right now. i would travel go all over til i find my favorite places to call home.
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My husband and I talk about what we would do if we ever won a huge jackpot. It's nice to dream since we both know it will probably never happen. We would pay off all our debt, and our immediate families debt. Get new vehicles for us and our families. Each pick a charity and donate to it. Oh and I would love to do some traveling. Ahh, wouldn't it be nice.
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'd use it to create companies that would help create jobs. People need to work. Just my two cents!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    a house..maybe move out of the city..id love to live in Telluride, CO

my kids college

a home gym...a TRAINER...oh and a personal chef
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    I need a car, other than that, kids college, and mine too. I wanna be a nurse but i can't take classes till my youngest starts school.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    pay off debts, donate a chunk to my charit(ies) of choice, and then...
    whatever the hell i wanted :)

edit: honestly, i've thought of this before and i think i would pay my debts, set aside a cool million for myself, and then dole out the rest to charities and those i love who are in need. i don't want to quit working, and i don't want to become a waste of resources. With an even million, i could build plenty more and live quite comfortably and working would simply be a way to give back and pass the time.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The very first thing I would buy would be a 68 Camaro!!