Why do I feel weird, when I take mineral and vitamin supplements together?

Options
This morning I took 1 vitamin B tablet, 2 omega 3 supplements, 1 magnesium supplement and 1 chronium. I felt so weird and sluggish when I took them together. My brain wasn't functioning well and I ended up saying stupid things and I was being rude to a cold caller on the phone.

Replies

• cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Didn't you post something asking about this like a week ago?
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Isn't this like the 3rd time you have asked this within a few days?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I doubt those supplements could immediately have that kind of effect.

If your brain isn't functioning well, you should see a doctor.
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you take them on an empty stomach they can make you feel bad. If i do that, I end up feeling nauseous. Might have a different effect on you.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you ok? call your doctor, could be something serious.

http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/stroke-symptoms-women

Especially if this keeps happening.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'd think you would have quit doing that after you did it a few days ago and posted 3 or 4 threads about it.
  • misshoneyz2dab
    misshoneyz2dab Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello guys, I just found out that I have vertigo and vitamin b supplements don't work well with my body. Won't post again. Thank you
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hello guys, I just found out that I have vertigo and vitamin b supplements don't work well with my body. Won't post again. Thank you

Oooo! Vertigo sucks! I hope you get better soon!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    'Feeling weird' is part of the symptoms of a Niacin Flush - some B vitamins I have to take with food. However, due to your vertigo, this is probably not what happened in your case - posting it for the benefit of others.

http://www.drdavidwilliams.com/niacin-benefits/

...Niacin has a unique characteristic. If you haven’t experienced it personally, you’ve probably heard about the “flush” niacin can cause. As little as 50 mg of niacin can cause a flush in some people. While not dangerous, it can be uncomfortable, or even alarming, if you aren’t prepared for it. (Personally, I somewhat enjoy the sensation.)

Niacin causes the blood vessels to dilate or open up near the skin, which results in a hot, tingling sensation accompanied by a red flushing of the skin. Generally, by starting with low amounts of niacin (50 to 100 mg a day) and gradually increasing the dosage, a person can quickly build up a tolerance and avoid the flush. Taking niacin immediately following a meal will also lessen the flushing sensation. (Niacinamide, the alkaline form of niacin, doesn’t cause flushing and it works just as well for most things.)