Bit of a chocohollic

Options
Suzex
Suzex Posts: 28 Member
Anyone know of any sweet/chocloate treats that are low calorie, i love chocolate and i eat choc chip snack a jacks when i need a bit of a chocolate fix but want to know if i can vary it with some other stuff to keep things new and intersting, thanks guys

Replies

• hopesOFskinny
    Options
    i dont know about you but i love special k and theres special k with chocolate chunks in it so you have your chocolate fix without undoing your whole day!! hope this helps! ( :
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice cream and candy bars are good. Also, I have found some new Fibre one brownies that are awesome. Slim fast bars are good too.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is interesting but it does the trick for me. Get a bag of the dark chocolate chips and some almonds and I make small baggies of them. Gives me just enough chocolate (plus dark chocolate is good for you) and the almonds have a little protein.

I have also melted them together to get a bark... Plus I am able to control the portion/calories.
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite treats are those Fiber One Chocolate Fudge Brownies. Only 90 calories :)
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Try eating some dark chocolate...it's full of antioxidants but gives you a bit of sweetness too!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    i dont know about you but i love special k and theres special k with chocolate chunks in it so you have your chocolate fix without undoing your whole day!! hope this helps! ( :

AWESOME!!!!!
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i just recently baked those chocolate chewies from whole foods... and according to labels and sites ive found, they're 70 calories/cookie.

i, too, am a chocoholic. every day i end up eating SOMETHING chocolate.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Snackwell's Devils Food Cookie Cakes do the trick for me. 50 calories for one and it takes a few bites to eat them. I usually try to plan my day so that I can have one of those in the evening.

Stonyfield farm also has a really good yogurt, "chocolate underground," which can really satisfy my craving. They also have a greek version that comes in 4 packs. It's called Oikos Pure Pleasure Chocolate on the Bottom or something like that
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of any sweet/chocloate treats that are low calorie, i love chocolate and i eat choc chip snack a jacks when i need a bit of a chocolate fix but want to know if i can vary it with some other stuff to keep things new and intersting, thanks guys

Dark Chocolate (75% cocoa or higher) is actually healthy for you and has a lot less sugar then milk chocolate. I've heard a lot of people that put a square in their mouth and suck on it until it dissolves. Give it a try.
  • Suzex
    Suzex Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Some great suggestions there, thanks guys, will try giving a few of them a go :)
  • julierwest1
    Options
    I too am a choco-holic. Dark chocolate does the trick for me. Ghiradellis - intense dark - 72% cacao is best. I can eat 2 for 110 calories and get my chocolate fix for the day. PLUS you can get coupons for them right now at the ghiradelli website. http://www.ghirardelli.com/ bottom right $1.00 off 2 bags - plus Kroger had them on sale this past week. Great deal!
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    I eat a low fat fudgsicle (60c) to get my chocolate fix. I will fit it into my calories goals It does help. If I am craving salty and sweet I go for Mr Salty's chocolate covered pretzels (100c). However, I do indulge every once in a while some chocolate ice cream or a brownie! :) I just do not do that very often! :)
  • chichi_76
    chichi_76 Posts: 30
    Options
    now I want some chocolate! I should have KNOWN better than to read this post lol :)
  • Avery123
    Avery123 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm glad I found this thread. I'm hooked on chocolate too. Thanks for the ideas!
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like to have a chocolate protein shake...it kinda kills 2 birds with one stone (kinda... lol)
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to have chocolate everyday! A few of the things that I eat to get my fix are:

no sugar added fudgesicle (40 cal)
    Fiber One Peanut Butter Chocolate bar (90 cal)
    Yum Yum Brownie Muffins (181 cal for 1 muffin)
    Low Fat Frozen Yogurt (100 cal for 1/2 cup)
  • nagaisgich
    nagaisgich Posts: 20
    Options

Dark Chocolate (75% cocoa or higher) is actually healthy for you and has a lot less sugar then milk chocolate. I've heard a lot of people that put a square in their mouth and suck on it until it dissolves. Give it a try.

I really like the 75-80% dark chocolate now and usually don't have more than one or two squares at a time ... but here is the trick.... eat one of the %90 extreme dark bars, after that, the 75% tastes really sweet :) It seems to work especially well when the 90% bar is the only snack you have on a long bus ride, I won't say how i know that :)
  • julierwest1
    Options
    the chocolate protein shake is good too. If you have a bit of peppermint extract - add 1/2 tsp to it and then you get minty plus chocolate.
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Choco-holic here as well! I also find a square or two of dark chocolate does the trick :)
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I make a homemade granola cereal and put dark or semisweet chocolate chips in them with some almonds!
    Here is my recipe:

Almond Chocolate Chip Granola Cereal

3 c Quaker Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
    1/4 c Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, I use Antonio's Spiced Pumpkin Seeds in a bag.
    1 c Toasted Wheat Germ (16 Tbs.)
    1/2 c Lite Maple Syrup
    2Tbs. Molasses
    1/2 c Light Brown Sugar
    1/4 c Roasted Sunflower Seeds
    1/4 c Almonds, you can add more just remember the fat content will go up!
    2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
    2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
    4TBS Hershey's Dark Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl combine Oats, Wheat Germ, Almonds, Sunflower Seeds and Cinnamon. Next, place pumpkin seeds in food processor and blend until ground like a coarse powder then add to dry ingredients. In a separate medium bowl stir the maple syrup, molasses, brown sugar and vanilla extract and add to dry ingredients. Combine well with hands. Spray a 13x9" pan with nonstick butter spray. Spoon the granola into the prepared pan and bake in 10 minute intervals until done, about 45 50 minutes. Make sure to mix every ten minutes and place back in oven and press together in pan. Allow to cool for a few minutes transfer to a large bowl and mix in chocolate chips or whatever flavored morsels or dried fruit you want. Store it in freezer to keep crisp for about 3 months. I place them in 1/2 c serving size baggies (about 14 baggies total or keep in air tight container in fridge for about 2 weeks!). Enjoy! ;)

P.S. here is the nutritional info for one serving about a 1/2 c:
    194 Cals. 25 Carbs 6 g Fat 5 Protein 4 Fiber

~Stephie

Add me I NEED friends on here I joined a couple weeks ago and would love to meet new ppl! Thanks!! <3