Activity trackers

danielle001988
danielle001988 Posts: 6 Member
edited October 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Apologies if this has already been talked about but i want to find out about these. I want one that tells me how many calories I've burned when I'm at bootcamp or a PT sessions. Some people at bootcamp has fitbits but not sure which ones. What is best? And can you set them to tell you what you have burnt for specific sessions.

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I think you can get close if you are walking or running but even then you have the intangibles like hills. When it comes to boot camp it is more of a wild guess and probably won't give you much good data. Anyway I have the blaze because I count steps and wanted the heart rate monitor. Sleep tracker is interesting too. Good luck.
  • bocasdelbob
    bocasdelbob Posts: 134 Member
    edited October 2016
    I have a heart rate monitor that reads accumulated calories as a function of heart rate, age, and weight.
    I have always thought that a good way of measuring calories associated with exercise, specifically cardio. I use sportline 660, kind of dated but I have a high degree of confidence in it. It is a chest strap style which I think is more accurate than wrist. Not many like chest straps though. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Good luck.
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    I have a fitbit HR. You can press the button on the side when you start your workout and press it again when you finish. After you sync it up you will e able to see the calorie burn breakdown for the workout. It actually breaks it down all day for exactly when you burn what, but it will put the workout in another category if you tag the button.
  • gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    Hi! I have a Polar HRM and I am very happy with it. It is the one with a strap but like in the preceding post, I think it is more accurate than wrist ones. I have been wearing my A300 everyday all day and night for the past 3 months. I wear the strap only for my workouts. I like that I can see my calories in via MFT and see what I burn on my Polar. I have been losing weight consistently every week so it must be accurate or really close. It's not exactly fashionably looking but it is fine for a Tomboy like me. They have other models too.