2lb in 3 days

Options
I've read that a good goal to loose and keep off the weight is 1-2 pound a week.
I've lost 2lb in 3 days! Is that ok?
I have dramatically changed my diet and gone from no exercise to exercise every day so hope it's just that.

Replies

• Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    If you want to keep it off for good and do it the healthy way then yes 1-2lbs

I tend to look at trends in weight over a few weeks because my weight can fluctuate by 4lbs in any given day due to water retention, bloating, exercise etc.

Good Luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    When you start out, especially if you make drastic changes, you will lose more. It should balance out at 1-2 pounds, if not, have a look at your in vs. out to make sure you are not undereating, which could cause a lot of problems (one of them being that the changes are not sustainable and you give up).
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    It's more than likely water weight. Keep going.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.5lb in 24 hours. That's a normal fluctuation and I don't view it as anything different.

If you weigh frequently, it's worth using one of the trend calculations such as trendweight or Libra on android. You can plug in your weight and it will tell you the average trend. It's a good way when you have those days when the weight has seemingly gone up, to note that overall it's going down.

• kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I lost 8lbs my very first week, its just water weight, believe me it wont last beyond that first week. I balanced out at 1.5lbs a week after that.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating in a calorie deficit to lose weight? More than a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks?

2 pounds in 3 days is a drop in water weight and not fat..
  • ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I lost 10lbs the first 2 weeks I started this whole calorie counting/Gym adventure. Since then it's stablized to 1lb a week. It's just your body flushing out the crap, sodium and water weight. It's also common to gain a lot of weight when you start a new workout because you add a lot of water weight.