I lied

Options
2»

Replies

• kittypryde84
    kittypryde84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love this post! Go you! Stopping lying to yourself is a major step. Something I'm still trying to achieve.
    Keep up the good work! :)
  • ChristinaOne21
    ChristinaOne21 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Go girl - bold statement that rings true for a lot of us. I lie every time I think this mouthful won't hurt as I'll burn it off tomorrow and then tomorrow never comes but more mouthfuls do. I needed to read this to get myself back in the right mindset. We can do this! 70 pounds to go before my big day in April and only 24 weeks to go now - I think that's around 6-7 pounds a week (we think in kilograms here Downunder, so not entirely sure) but you have just inspired me that can be done. Thank you :smiley:
  • orsonsmith
    orsonsmith Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is exactly me. Now that I have a little girl I want to be able to run around with her and play. Do all the things that my mother was never able to do with me because of her own weight issues. I also want to show her what good healthy choices are instead of what I grew up with that got me here in the first place. I'm 22lbs down but still have 100 to go. Add me and we can motivate each other.
  • rocknrollhippie
    rocknrollhippie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome darling. Make sure your words are more than words and your 'one year from now' you - the new you- will thank you for it.

Don't try to go to the extreme (fasting for ages or something like that), replace food wisely and make some exercise. DON'T run before learning to walk, don't push yourself to the point you get demotivated.

Look for a buddy to go for walks everyday (4 legged buddies works as well) and get rid of excuses.

You are going to be beautiful in any size but you'll became much more stronger (physically and mentally) with every shred pound.

Be happy for every inch you lose and every pound you shred even if you don't see so much of a difference in the mirror, sometimes we just need the time to make the mental adjustment.

And enjoy the process!!!!

P.s. Eat that veggies bag steamed with some sesame seeds ;-)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting and most of all for updating :grin:

You're losing fast! Stay healthy :smile:
  • FatChickToNotSoFatChick
    Options
    Oh for sure staying healthy :) all that water retention weight dropped super fast in the beginning by reducing my sodium from the ridiculously high intake I was at, the rest has been at a more steady pace lol.
  • CarlyIrene415
    CarlyIrene415 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thanks for sharing.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I eagerly await your follow up post in the success stories.

Wonderful attitude!
  • Lanie2012
    Lanie2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just happened upon this post and love it! Great job putting into words what so many of us think and feel. I'm sending you an add, thanks for the post!
  • katiekeene86
    katiekeene86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I first joined MFP and it worked really well for me, I was super extreme with my exercise + food rationing and stuff. I lost about 60 pounds gradually/in a healthy way, though I still wanted to lose more. Then I got lax and thought I could let my diet slide a bit, exercised less, and gained some of it back bit by bit. THEN I met my boyfriend and the year of "domestic bliss" (well ok, no quotes needed most of the time) had me putting a LOT of weight back on.

He got out of AF active duty a little bit before we got together, so eats a lot of calories but with no exercise because now no PT. We've both sort of enabled each other in the past. He's only a bit overweight, maybe 15 pounds but flabby. I on the other hand, decided I finally need to get ahold of my life again. It worked for me before, it can work for me now! I hope you all have good results too. We got this!
  • hotsteppahayley
    hotsteppahayley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I could have written this!
    Good on you for sharing this, so brave.