Nearly about to be almost there, needing motivation!!

Options
I think that I've done pretty well so far, I'm almost where I want to be (15 pounds to go), but after months of 60 minutes minimum of exercise nearly every day I've started to get sick of it and lose motivation, I'm feeling pretty lazy. I have only exercised once or twice in the last few weeks... Right now I guess I'm looking for someone to tell me how well I've done to keep me going :P (I'm feeling a little selfish).
I've lost 54 pounds in the last 6 months, my two mile time has dropped from 26 minutes to 13 and I've never felt more healthy or happier in my life. I don't know how to put pictures up (and i cite the laziness I'm feeling for why I haven't bothered to find out) but if you take a look at my profile I'm pretty sure I have it set so you can check out my pictures. Thanks anyone who answers for pandering to my wanting to hear that I've done pretty well :) I appreciate it.

Replies

• rachelmurchland
    Options
    You can do it! I know it can be difficult to keep going especially when it seems like the weight isn't coming off the way you want it to. Keep trying and soon you will meet your goal!!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    54 pounds in the last 6 months is 9 pounds a month, which is quite a phenomenal rate. Perhaps it IS time to cut back a little and let the weight come off more gently. If an hour of exercise a day is getting relentlessly boring, try mixing it up or lowering it slightly - you may need a bit of a break to regain your love of exercise (if it was there). Give yourself some slack and you're more likely to stick to the plan, just because it'll be less taxing psychologically. Weight loss is a mental game, play it well.

By the way, 13 minutes for 2 miles is rather speedy - > 9 mph!? I'm impressed, I can't sustain 5 mph for more than 5K.
  • t0rrie
    t0rrie Posts: 2
    Options
    Seriously? You've kicked A these last 6 months! Keep up the good work, friend. It'll totally be worth it. :)
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. It would be a real shame to let all that work go to waste and return to your 50-pound-heavier-26-minute-two-miler-not-as-happy-or-healthy state. :tongue:

Get back to it! We need you!!
  • Dee1006
    Dee1006 Posts: 37
    Options
    You can't think of it as being "almost there". Try for a new goal. I realized you cannot just workout to lose weight, but to also be healthy and make it a daily part of life. You are looking at exercise as a means to an end when in reality it is something you need to do for life. Since you are young you can now be more active in life by playing sports or any other activities that are fun to do.
  • HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You've had great results so far. Try changing things up a bit. New workouts, new locations or whatever will change your motivation levels.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!