The H20 Factor

Options
I don't know about you, but drinking 65 ounces of water daily is a challenge for me. I drank close to 40 ounces and that was done throughout the whole day and through the evening. It is an improvement as I have improved in this area quite a bit over the last year.

Replies

• elleelle03
    elleelle03 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This is an area I too struggle in but I can sure feel the difference in my body when I drink more water. So I'm going to start my day with 2 cups of water along with my coffee. My goal is 64oz. I hear some folks drink over 100oz and I just don't know how they do it but figured I'd keep close track of water to help me reach my goal. Good luck!
  • gotc86
    gotc86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I LOVE "fizzy" water, so I bought a Soda Stream and keep it at work. I sip water more frequently throughout the day now. It's much easier that having to carry bottles of water, too!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I have a reminder cup. It's just a tervis tumbler that I keep with me to remind me to drink. If I don't have it I don't drink nearly as much. At least this way I know if I fill it 3 times I've met my goal, but I usually drink more
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Squeeze some fresh lemon and lime into the water. It makes it so much easier to drink. Also as the cold weather is coming in I have it warm with slices of lemon. I love it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    65oz is probably excessive. As long as your pee is clear, you're fine.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I really struggled with this for a long time. My solution is a 24oz blender bottle that I use for my after workout protein shake. I've started bringing it to work and I fill it 3 times a day. Morning, lunch and before I go home. It's just a part of my day now.

I know some people don't need that much water, but I do. I feel sluggish and bloated when I don't drink it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No need to strive for some arbitrary number. If your pee is clear tonight yellow, you aee hydrated.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I start my day with coffee and lots of it. The H2O factor on steroids! LOL
  • sy_19440
    sy_19440 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It is recommended half of your body weight in water, but the common goal is 8-8oz glasses of water (64oz). For me, really don't drink anything else so getting in water isn't a problem.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    What do you do if you take vitamins that make your pee darker? Do you just go by how thirsty you are?
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I try to drink a lot of water. Don't really care about how much, but I can tell when it's enough because I pee all day long. I just imagine I'm peeing out the fat. I drink more when I'm at the office because I have my tumbler. When I'm at home, I tend to forget to drink enough water. I was a big Pepsi junkie, so I've subbed fizzy water for that bubbly sensation I crave.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    What do you do if you take vitamins that make your pee darker? Do you just go by how thirsty you are?

If your supplements are discoloring your urine, you may not need them. Your body will only excrete excess nutrients.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

If your supplements are discoloring your urine, you may not need them. Your body will only excrete excess nutrients.

This is not any indication as to whether or not you need them. I'm vegetarian with chronically low levels of b12. I have to take a supplement. My pee is neon yellow and yet my levels are only now slowly rising.

Water-soluble supplements must be replaced regularly!

In any case OP, I switch it up with hot teas, iced teas, diet soda, etc. The more i drink the better i usually feel and the more thirsty i get. the less i drink the less i feel thirsty and the more chronically dehydrated i am (judging by my pee and not the supplements i take).

A general recommendation is 2.2L a day for women and 3L a day for men (plus some if you sweat a lot). It usually isn't a huge deal to stress about, but if you are seeing that you're chronically dehydrated definitely take the steps to increase your intake.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I drink 72 most days. Once or twice a week I have to make a conscious effort to get to that goal. My skin is way clearer, and for that only I will keep it up.