This is so exciting!

Options
Hi Everybody!!

I just signed up yesterday, and I am so excited to be on here. Keeping track of my exercise and foods makes losing weight so much easier and fun! I hope I can be an encouragement to everyone, and that I'll get some helpful tips along the way!

Can anybody reccommend a low cal pasta? and low cal sauce? as well as a yummy low cal salad dressing? (I've switched from low acrb to low cal, so I'm not sure what's decent and worth the money)

Thanks!

Replies

• Jenny_Bee
    Jenny_Bee Posts: 102
    Options
    Hi Everybody!!

I just signed up yesterday, and I am so excited to be on here. Keeping track of my exercise and foods makes losing weight so much easier and fun! I hope I can be an encouragement to everyone, and that I'll get some helpful tips along the way!

Can anybody reccommend a low cal pasta? and low cal sauce? as well as a yummy low cal salad dressing? (I've switched from low acrb to low cal, so I'm not sure what's decent and worth the money)

Thanks!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will love it here! Everyone is so nice and helpful here. I don't have any low cal recipes but if you post a thread about that in the food section of the message boards you may get more answers for that one. Good luck to you!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Low cal pasta: Fiber Gourmet! www.fibergourmet.com

Not sure about the salad dressing, I just squeeze a lemon over mine. :bigsmile:
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you think this is exciting now, just wait a few weeks when you start to see the pounds falling off!! It is awesome!

Low cal pasta.... hmmm.... I would recommend whole wheat pasta and stick with the portion size listed on the package. It's all about portion control and keeping track of the cals.

Good luck and have fun with it!
  • tidwelljw
    tidwelljw Posts: 146
    Options
    Welcome.....Just don't get too addicted! Hey.....It's nice to see some one else from BAMA on here!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    House Tofu (20 calories, fat-free, 3 g carbs) or Shirataki (zero calories, fat and carbs) noodles.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, I love this site and I know that you will too. I just wanted to tell you good luck with your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • jessicasager
    Options
    it is exciting lol i wasn't going to count calories either, but MFP makes it sooo easy. Welcome, and I wish you good luck :]
  • wetbuns21
    Options
    i think you will like it here,many friends to help you plenty of support,hope you have fun :flowerforyou: here.
    pickles:love:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome great place to be :happy: Drink your water can't express that enough:drinker: :drinker: Good luck on your journey!:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Jenny_Bee
    Jenny_Bee Posts: 102
    Options
    Aww, thanks everybody!! I feel great already! :heart:
  • meganlorraine
    Options
    Low Cal pasta- Anything with 5 grams of fiber or more is worth your time in that department. I am a huge fan of Trader Joe's organic whole wheat pasta.

Pasta Sauce- There are a TON of great recipies to make yourself so then there is no added chemicals or sugars either. Fresh is the way to go in my book.

Dressing- the salad sprays are EXCELLENT! (you know the ones in the spray bottles) They have Italian, Ranch, French, Balsamic Vingarette... eally anything you're craving and most of them are 1 calorie for 1 spray and they are HUGE sprays!

Good luck on the weight loss.