need motivation! :(

Options
I need to loose 10 pounds! sound like is not a lot, but it hard!!!! Most important I need to get strong! I am 36yrs old so my metabolism is going down

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    When I got serious about losing weight, I took a series of pictures in front of the mirror in a sports bra and shorts (front, side, back views). Periodically, I'll update them but when I really start to get off track, I find it helpful to go back and look at that first set to remind myself of what will happen if I don't get back on track. Muscle development also motivates me now....I want bigger, better muscles so I go do my workouts. You might also plan something as a reward for your weight loss....a trip, new clothes, etc...
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    When we're talking about the last 10 pounds or so it's often not really that we want to lose 10 pounds but that we want to firm up a bit and get just a little smaller. Does that sound right?

Since you also have a goal to get strong, I'd suggest shifting your priority from a smaller number on the scale to a smaller, firmer and stronger body. Start lifting weights, if you aren't already. A heavy lifting program where you progressively lift heavier is exactly what you need. Eat 250 or so calories below maintenance and you'll start shifting fat to muscle. Be sure that you're tracking your measurements with a tape measure in addition to weighing yourself on the scale.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I also do the sports bra pics in front of the mirror....but thats for something else. Im in the same boat as you.trying to lose that last 10lbs to really lean me out and show definition. Im finding that its just consistant diet and exercise that is slowly pulling that last bit of fat off my lower abdomen . you got this!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    So I found that motivation only gets you to the door, discipline gets you through and keeps you there.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Agree on lifting weights - lift heavy. You will tighten up, get stronger, and building muscle will help your metabolism too.
  • juliasulay
    juliasulay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your replies! I will lose those 10 pound and get strong!
  • BabiiSam
    BabiiSam Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 40lbs and im having a really hard time with it. I need all the motivation I can get :(
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    So I found that motivation only gets you to the door, discipline gets you through and keeps you there.

Love this!
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It is a slow process but quitting won't make it happen any faster.
  • juliasulay
    juliasulay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thank you!