Mommy Body

Options
I actually weigh the same as I did at my wedding but 7 years and a baby later, it's all different. I know my body did an amazing thing by brining a human into the world. But It feels way less attractive. I also seem to stress eat more now than when I was younger which isn't helping. Words of motivation? Support??

Replies

• DONNA2022x
    DONNA2022x Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Am the same when i was pregnant i actually lost 3 st but now i have put 2 stone on and i just feel like no i need to do somethink before i put that other stone on
  • clblack425
    clblack425 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree @goldthistime ! My little bit of weights isn't cutting it
  • russb_
    russb_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Is Mommy body the same as Dad Bod?
  • MaryOves
    MaryOves Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of my Mommy body. It produced three amazing boys.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Another vote for strength training. Definitely changed my body, I look even better than I did before after having two kids
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things and put them down. I echo everyone here. Strength training changed my life. I had 5 and 1 on the way and I definitely don't have a "mommy body".
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Motivation or support? Think about all the women who WISH they could have a Mommy body but will never be able to experience the amazingness that is bringing a child into this world. Mommy body is badge of honor!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    Motivation or support? Think about all the women who WISH they could have a Mommy body but will never be able to experience the amazingness that is bringing a child into this world. Mommy body is badge of honor!

Not everyone agrees as we are all different. That doesn't mean someone doesn't sympathize because they want something different for themselves.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options

Not everyone agrees as we are all different. That doesn't mean someone doesn't sympathize because they want something different for themselves.

I didn't mean to insinuate she didn't sympathize, I just want her remember how remarkable she is for being a mommy! Making a human is hard work and getting back to our pre-mommy body is even harder work
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

I didn't mean to insinuate she didn't sympathize, I just want her remember how remarkable she is for being a mommy! Making a human is hard work and getting back to our pre-mommy body is even harder work

I am pretty sure she knows that, at least I hope so. I definitely do and appreciate the hard work that goes into making a human. I personally am not satisfied with status quo and there's nothing wrong with that imo.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Another vote for strength training. Definitely changed my body, I look even better than I did before after having two kids

ditto here, better now than ever even in my 40s i look better than in my 20s. 3 kids later too.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options

I am pretty sure she knows that, at least I hope so. I definitely do and appreciate the hard work that goes into making a human. I personally am not satisfied with status quo and there's nothing wrong with that imo.

I completely agree with you Chef_Barbell, It was certainly hard work and I did a lot of damage to myself during my pregnancies becasue i didnt know any better, license to eat and i did. lesson learned and if i had to go back and do it over i would have such a different result. but bottom line is that you dont have to just accept and settle for who you are, you can always change it you have that power and that choice to change. Im a good example of that, over 210 pounds post baby and thought i would have cellulite and a fat *kitten* forever... I started weight training and stuff moved around, it was pretty cool;)
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Having a baby changes your body and your mind. You will never go back to being the same person you were before you built and carried a life. Celebrities often release photoshopped pictures of their post-baby bodies which does nothing to help unrealistic expectations.
    There's no reason you can't get fit and healthy and strength training helps a lot but your body has changed (having a baby widens your hip bones and rib cage for example) so be kind to yourself.

ETA since having 5 kids I actually like my body better. I weigh the same but my hips are wider and my boobs are bigger so I look curvier.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Another vote for strength training. I also think I look better now, and am in better shape than I was in my 20s before I had kids (and I've had 3).
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Definitely strength training. Despite my desire to continue improving it, my body now at 40 is better than it was before having my daughter at age 30.