Strength at the gym

Options
I just started going to the gym at college, and I'm a little lost

How should i do the strength training?

I'm thinking a full body workout about three times a week is good, but what would you suggest?

Replies

• meghaningram08
    Options
    I just started going to the gym at college, and I'm a little lost

How should i do the strength training?

I'm thinking a full body workout about three times a week is good, but what would you suggest?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    There are about a MILLION ways to create a resistance training program. Three full body days are great. You might want to check and see if anyone in the exercise science or related major needs to train you. I had to do a couple personal training sessions for one of my classes. Or you can look online for plans that suit your needs..I think Ask.com actually has some good plans.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    if you have never done any strength training ....does the gym have a certified trainer? consider getting one for at least the first couple of times...be careful..go slow....check out some websites and the library
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    THAT WOULD BE ABOUT RIGHT IF YOUR USING WEIGHTS, BC YOU CANT WORK THE SAME MUSCLES EVERYDAY. DO LEGS ONE DAY AND ARMS ANOTHER DAY. OR DO BOTH AND SKIP DAYS. LIKE MON,WEDS,THURS. OR DO ARMS MONDAY, LEGS TUES, ETC. HOPE THAT HELPS SOME.
  • jessicasager
    Options
    I go to the gym 4 times a week. Mon, Tue, Thu, and Fri. Usually I'll do full body work outs Monday and Friday cause I tend to get kinda sore. Sometimes I'll do legs monday arms tues and pure cardio thu and fri. Try it out different ways, see how you're comfortable. If the 3 days sounds good give it a shot. All in all just make sure you're careful, I've JUST started it and I'm taking it slow. I get sore anyway lol
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 4 times a week. Mon, Tue, Thu, and Fri. Usually I'll do full body work outs Monday and Friday cause I tend to get kinda sore. Sometimes I'll do legs monday arms tues and pure cardio thu and fri. Try it out different ways, see how you're comfortable. If the 3 days sounds good give it a shot. All in all just make sure you're careful, I've JUST started it and I'm taking it slow. I get sore anyway lol

I DID A LEGS WORKOUT WEDS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND IM STILL SORE CANT WALK UP TWO STEPS! BC I DO MAINLY CARDIO SO IM JUST STARTING WITH WEIGHTS. SO BE PREPARED FOR THE PAIN...