for those who work out at home

Options
2»

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    My pole. I get the most use out of it. My resistance bands, yoga mat, and TRX were a good investments. I just don't use them as often as my pole. I use that weekly. I actually lent my TRX to my sister b/c it was just collecting dust. I used to use it regularly, but once I got my pole it fell by the wayside.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My kettlebells.
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just a pull up bar. Lasted through one move, and costed around 20 bucks. I use it all the time and have had it so long I even had to retape the grip pad.
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Recumbent bike!!!
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    #1 If I could only have ONE piece of equipment from my home gym then it would probably be my trap bar, including weight plates of course.
    I have a little home-built stand for deficit deadlifts if I want some extra range of motion.

#2 That would be followed by my SS Yoke Bar for squats - including the power rack (pull-ups/chins) and weight plates.

#3 If you are talking cardio, then a good beaded jump rope can be bought for $20 and you will not outgrow it.
    A good rope doesn't take much space, but you need some ceiling room.
    Few people really jump rope (HIIT, boxer style) these days because it is too much like hard work and there is no gimmick to sell.
  • sandra052785
    sandra052785 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Power rack with accompanying barbells/plates/clips, etc. After that it would be the flat bench and the adjustable bench.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    BFS Ultimate Rack is my most important piece. I live alone and have no neighbors to hear my screams ;)
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    My shovel (which covers workout, therapy, and diet) and my mountain bike.
  • liftingtheveil
    liftingtheveil Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You all seem to have power racks. Jealous! No space here for it, but I wouldn't buy it, I could do it myself with welding for very cheap as I have material around the house.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    kurt-kinetic-road-machine-smart-2-0-fluid-bicycle-trainer-with-inride-sensor-6.gif

For when I can't get outside...
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You all seem to have power racks. Jealous! No space here for it, but I wouldn't buy it, I could do it myself with welding for very cheap as I have material around the house.

being a build it myself kind of guy I looked into this and I probably could have done it but it would be nearly as expensive as the budget rack I ended up settling on. I do envy the people who own the really nice racks but mine is serving the purpose and so far the only clothes I've hung on it were sweaty running clothes. I had even considered building it from wood at one point and that would have been relatively easy enough. I did build my own bench which I'm bery happy I did as its made long enough for me and since I'm never planning on competeing its wider as well so its easier on my shoulders.