Someone cuts in front of you in line... do you say something?

Options
ClubSilencio
ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
Or let it slide?

I was returning a basketball at Walmart last night (ordered the wrong size... it was a women's ball) and while I was standing in line in the customer service dept some guy stands right beside me. I was the last person in this uniform line, there was only 4 of us including the person being helped at the counter, so I was just like 'what the heck man... doesn't he see this simple *kitten* line".

My heart starts racing.... I really don't want to be at Walmart returning a women's college basketball and now I gotta deal with this. Definitely one of those moments you look up at the ceiling and ask "why?". The man is like 60-70 years old and I don't know if I should tell him where the line is or just let it slide due to his seniority. If he was in 'Nam he can cut in front of me but give me a smile or something first, cutie.

So then the line moves up and he overtakes me, and I said forget it. I can't win. After he finished his transaction I stared him down as he was walked away but he didn't make eye contact with me. Dude pwned me hard. :unamused:

How do you handle line cutters?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I say something. Usually along the lines of, "Excuse me, but the end of the line is back there."
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    It depends on the situation. In that case I probably would have let it slide even though I would have been so irritated. Unless it appeared he obviously knew but thought he could pull it off by being older.. then I would have said something.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Or let it slide?

I was returning a basketball at Walmart last night (ordered the wrong size... it was a women's ball) and while I was standing in line in the customer service dept some guy stands right beside me. I was the last person in this uniform line, there was only 4 of us including the person being helped at the counter, so I was just like 'what the heck man... doesn't he see this simple *kitten* line".

My heart starts racing.... I really don't want to be at Walmart returning a women's college basketball and now I gotta deal with this. Definitely one of those moments you look up at the ceiling and ask "why?". The man is like 60-70 years old and I don't know if I should tell him where the line is or just let it slide due to his seniority. If he was in 'Nam he can cut in front of me but give me a smile or something first, cutie.

So then the line moves up and he overtakes me, and I said forget it. I can't win. After he finished his transaction I stared him down as he was walked away but he didn't make eye contact with me. Dude pwned me hard. :unamused:

How do you handle line cutters?

It's situational.

In this situation he's an old man probably wondering of he'll be able to make it to the bathroom in time.

Chalk it up. There are people in the world with real, actual problems. Be grateful you are complaining about this.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I always say something (fairly politely) unless it's an elderly person. They can pretty much do whatever
  • bigmuney
    bigmuney Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I let it go

Who cares
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I always say something (fairly politely) unless it's an elderly person. They can pretty much do whatever

crfv90p4kwxm.gif
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I usually say something too... sometimes not. Depends on my mood really.

I've seen my share of rude old people though.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I always wear my "no cuts" shirt when I stand in lines.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I usually say something too... sometimes not. Depends on my mood really.

I've seen my share of rude old people though.

lol,,,,,thats cause of all the years they've seen,,They have reached the point where they no longer give a Fluck
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    I'd say something yup even if it's an old person being old doesn't give you license to be rude

Honestly, I can't wait until that magic age when I'm old enough to do stuff like sit out on the front porch in my underwear and read the paper...and nobody looks twice because "She's old". And when that day comes....I'm doing whatever the hell I want to do.

Lol won't you be cold old people are always cold
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I ask "Are you waiting in line?" and then direct them to the end of the line.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    FYI - that old dude expected you to cave. Most old people aren't stupid like most people think.

To be fair, after 65 I'm cutting everyone in line. If they say something, I'll say, I don't have as much time as you do.