Trouble losing weight on Nexplanon

Options
2»

Replies

• lissmayer
    lissmayer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Birth control itself does not cause weight gain outside of false weight gain which is water retention...it sucks yup.

The actual side effect is "increased appetite" which can cause people to eat more which can cause weight gain.

All hormonal BC methods list this as they sort of have too...

I wouldn't worry about it while breast feeding to be honest...

Don't worry about BC while BFing? :laugh:

I know of more than a few "surprises" that are here because of people thinking that can't get PG and don't need BC while BF.

Word. I got knocked up on purpose whilst breastfeeding at least every two hours around the clock.
  • AnnaMustLoseWeight
    AnnaMustLoseWeight Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    kdz0444 wrote: »
    I'm on nexplanon and it caused an out of control appetite. I gained 50+ lbs in 2 years because I was constantly hungry. I plan to get it out when I am able to. But I have lost 20.5 lbs while still having it in. But I have changed my eating habits which I think has helped. I will say that I will never do a long term birth control like nexplanon again. If I get back on birth control it will be a pill.
    I just got mine taken out after 4 months and switched to the mini pill since it's safe for breastfeeding. And breastfeeding is NOT a safe way to prevent pregnancy. I don't plan on having anymore babies any time soon. Give me 2-3 more years and let me enjoy this first one